Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton/London Trains Buggered This Morning

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Trains stuck at Preston Park station, apparently due to works this weekend no trains were running to keep the lines clear...most trains from Brighton at a stand still with many cancelled, trying to arrange a bus service to London but first one not due to leave until 6.30.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, just trying to be helpful! Have a great day everybody

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
ernest - Do you mean that you think there literally won't be anything, train or bus, leaving Brighton heading north til 7:30?

I recently moved to Burges Hill; am a good 20min walk from the station. Need to get into London, preferably City Thameslink, though Vic is fine. Southern website is showing the 6:23 Luton and 6:29 Victoria trains as delayed rather than cancelled - though i know better than to trust them! Not going to leave the house til i have something more concrete from them!

I havent been on NSC for ages but with the snow i knew that i needed to check in for the usual travel tips :thumbsup:

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
Nothing going to run north till rails been deiced

Thanks. Ernest.

Yep Southern have now detailed the 6:23 and 6:29 as cancelled. Dunno why they couldnt have done that earlier; surely they knew?..

Guess i just have to sit here on the Souther website clicking refresh..

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
If the op is correct, then bravo to the foresight shown by whomever was responsible for the track work this weekend. Unbelieveable.This lack of planning makes it impossible for anyone who has to commute to plan their day properly. I know snow days can be fun etc but there comes a point when this stuff just isn't funny. We are not experiencing extreme weather, we are experiencing winter weather and network rail/the train co's are woefully unprepared for this, it's unacceptable.

Southstandfaithful

Oct 22, 2010
H Heath
from southern website

Services across our network are being disrupted due to the late finish of improvement works, which has delayed our lines being treated to remove the build up of ice. Trains are unable to operate between Lewes / Brighton / Haywards Heath and Three Bridges in both directions and buses are being arranged to operate between Brighton and Three Bridges. These buses are expected to start operating from approx 07.30.
Passengers travelling towards London from West Coast stations can travel via the Arun Valley line between Barnham and Three Bridges.

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
Thanks Ssf.

What i dont get is why the Southern websit is showing the 6:51 Brighton to L.Vic train as being delayed, but on its way? Too late for me to make it to BH station now anyway, but has this train actually left Brighton, or are they talking bollocks?!

I assume its the latter.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Just been announced on a train approaching Lewes that trains are starting to run again from Brighton to London.

Can anyone confirm if this is the case? [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] ?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Shameful whoever didn't delay the 'improvement' works until weather was above zero & consequently no outside issues to deal with

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Vindicated decision to WFH

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
Not much running on the Coastway East either. Passengers at Polegate being advised to get to Brighton & hope that London trains are running from there..

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'm ON a train running north.

i think Ernest may mean out of Brighton. will you get to Haywards Heath and stop? or already past there and Three Bridges?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
i think Ernest may mean out of Brighton. will you get to Haywards Heath and stop? or already past there and Three Bridges?

The train I've just got off at Burgess Hill was/is Brighton-London Bridge

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here