Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Brighton is actually a pretty rubbish place to live

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

One of my sons went to school in Lewes, he was in a school play or something where parents were invited to watch, all of the names of the pupils in the play were listed in a program, my wife kept asking what I was sniggering at when I was reading the names.
Who the hell calls their kid Zippy? FFS :lolol:

I worked at a house in Lewes and the customers son was called Felix, nothing strange about that except the cat was called John. :rolleyes:
:lolol:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Anybody able to confirm what the plural of Elvis is? Elvises? Elvii?

Probably not as straightforward to name as the Spanish fireman who called his kids José and Hose B.

"Elvis" is not Latin and never has been, so the faux-Latin "Elvi" is not justified. And if Elvis was Latin, this would be a 3rd-declension i-stem so the plural would be "Elves" (pronounced as two syllables).

Elvis is the Anglicized version of "Ailbe", the name of an Irish saint. So you should form the plural according to normal English rules, e.g., "Elvises".

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Born at the Royal Sussex, grew up in Saltdean, lived Rottingdean and now Peacehaven.

I bought my three bed semi for the price of a flat in Brighton.

I'd love to live in central Brighton but with a child it's not affordable, I also work at the Rsch so it's a 15min bus journey to work. Takes colleagues from actual Brighton longer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here