Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton in Europe ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
With Villa still to play Spuds, things look very favourable, the markets certainly deem so. Perhaps a case of which European competition?

This club have never known such times. When we posted about it early season with future boozy club trips to Riga or Bratislava, it was said as an aspiration and tongue in cheek.

IMG_3993.png

Last edited:

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
With Villa still to play Spuds, things look very favourably, the markets certainly deem so. Perhaps a case of which European competition?

This club have never known such times. When we posted about it early season with future boozy club trips to Riga or Bratislava, it was said as an aspiration and tongue in cheek.

View attachment 160593
But now want it to be at least Europa and not Conference. It's the least we deserve

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Does anyone know if we finish 6th or 7th are there qualifying rounds for the europa / conference or do we qualiify straight into the group statges?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Does anyone know if we finish 6th or 7th are there qualifying rounds for the europa / conference or do we qualiify straight into the group statges?
Europa League Group Stage or Conference League play off.

The Conference League play off could send us to a barren field in Macedonia, but there were still a few 'names' in their this year. Fiorentina and Anderlecht to name but two.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I really don't get all this anti Barber narrative, I'm glad that we have him at our club.
Me neither and me too - he’s a hard hitter in the FA and one of the industry’s top executives - we are lucky to have someone of his calibre and experience.

As an aside, I emailed him today about something relating to Thursday evening and received a kind and personal response within 6 minutes which was pretty impressive I thought!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’m feeling Gent… A few beers at The Waterhuis by the canal. How many could get in de Plank

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This lot have largely thrown in the towel regarding us, instead some feel there’s an outside chance versus Spuds.

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/23352-villa’s-race-for-europe-2223/page/224/
What a surprise! How very gentlemanly, reasonable and sportsmanlike - I could almost grow to like them! Such a contrast to their dreadful triumphant gloating when their full first team managed to beat our mixture of reserves and yoof in one of the cups a couple of years ago! Bet they're on our side about PGMOL now though - they'd love Spurs to be three points worse off!

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What a surprise! How very gentemanly, reasonable and sportsmanlike - I could almost grow to like them! Such a contrast to their dreadful triumphant gloating when their full first team managed to beat our mixture of reserves and yoof in one of the cups a couple of years ago! Bet they're on our side about PGMOL now though - they'd love Spurs to be three points worse off!

I was surprised. Away from redcafe, our football is loved.

Going to Villa not needing 3 points would be sweet. It will us singing “Europa League, you’re having a laugh”.

Rather than the gormless Kevin Turvey’s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here