Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Ice Hockey

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
Why has this never evolved?

There was an artical on the argus website saying that they will be playing down black rock by 2009...Where?

I assume the idea has fell through?

Anyone shed any light on this?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Because it would have involved building something new in the Brighton & Hove urban area, and as we all know, you can't erect so much as a Wendy House in this city without Selma Montford and the rest of the Flat Earthers complaining about the perceived impact on the Regency skyline.

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
The provision of top quality ice facilities in the Brighton area is a must for the city and the surrounding area. There is an active campaign group trying to restore ice skating in Brighton as well as the introduction of a serious ice hockey team and I urge you all to support it.

A progressive city like Brighton should have the best of all sports facilities, although we know from the enormous hurdles that had to be overcome in getting Falmer that introducing them involve Herculean struggles. Regarding the provision of decent ice facilities and the reintroduction of a new ice hockey team, it would be a welcome return to the days when Brighton Ice Rink had a reputation of being one of the best in the country with Brighton Tigers a leading team that attracted thousands of people to the old ice stadium.

Attachments

• Tiger-131.jpg
    Tiger-131.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 110

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Because it would have involved building something new in the Brighton & Hove urban area, and as we all know, you can't erect so much as a Wendy House in this city without Selma Montford and the rest of the Flat Earthers complaining about the perceived impact on the Regency skyline.

Talking of the Regency skyline... how the bloody hell did they get permission to take down those nice old lamp posts (is that two words??) and put up those bloody awful ones along by hove lawns...

and can someone tell me how erecting a 36,000 ft space pole by the west pier is less of a problem than an ice hockey rink at black rock??... I hate people who stand in the way of progress.. and i hate mondys too.. they make me angry.

..aah that's better.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Brighton Tigers were one of the best and most famous British Ice Hockey teams right up to their enforced demise in 1965 when they had the stadium they used to play in, (SS Brighton), sold and re-developed (sound familiar?).
Ice Hockey is one of the most exciting sports to see live, TV doesn't do it justice, and it would be fantastic to see it return again to Brighton. This is a great site to learn about the 'Tigers',

http://www.mybrightonandhove.org.uk/category_id__424_path__0p116p176p.aspx

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
My dad was a huge tigers fan and I know it was a big disappointment to him that he couldn't pass on that passion to me. At least he passed on his other sporting passion, though.

I would love to see a new ice rink / stadium in the area, and would certainly support any plans to build one. It needs to be a proper one, though, not a half hearted attempt like the plastic one we had a while ago.

The thing my kids ask to do more than anything else is ice skating. It's one of those sports that virtually everyone seems to love doing, but the facilities in this country are shockingly poor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here