• NOC- Conservative Largest Group

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I did think that maybe the Brighton and Hove conservative association may want to review their criteria for selecting candidates after allowing NSC's comeback kings @Falmerfourtickets and @Steve Foster to stand as prospective Tory candidates again after their social media histories. However, I'm now thinking that a lot of other associations may also need to do the same.

It really is piss poor isn't it :facepalm:
It's an interesting election. I've been accused of libel and harassment by our very own Tim Hodges ( aka @Falmerfourtickets ) and apparently he's reported me to the police. He's even broken data protection laws - a discussion is ongoing with his employer. It's nice to know that a local wanna be politician can't stand the heat of the kitchen.

Then we have Ivan Lyons ( @Steve Foster ) - does a mean gag session about fat Muslims - yet still standing as a candidate. Is also very shy at mentioning in the local press ( The Argus ) that he's a Conservative candidate despite his comments saying 'don't vote Green \ Labour \ Lib Dem' etc. Also doesn't understand how easy it would be for him to set up a Argus username as 'Ivan Lyons' - although the cynic in me suggests he doesn't actually want to do that.

Notable that neither have posted on the Argus political threads today nor respond to mentions ( or PMs @Falmerfourtickets ! ) on here. Could they be a little shy ?

Problem being when it comes to my votes tomorrow - Greens have been utterly useless and voted to build on greenfield sites, Labour have been in the Greens pocket ( and admitted it on the doorstep ), Lib Dems - no way, not that I even have a Lib Dem candidate standing here, Independents appear to be a collection of climate change deniers and Covid deniers. I'll vote for Dawn Barnett and Nick Lewry (CON) - both of whom have been great - but as for third vote note sure if I should vote for a liar ( Timmy ) or one of the Independent misfits.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's an interesting election. I've been accused of libel and harassment by our very own Tim Hodges ( aka @Falmerfourtickets ) and apparently he's reported me to the police. He's even broken data protection laws - a discussion is ongoing with his employer. It's nice to know that a local wanna be politician can't stand the heat of the kitchen.

Then we have Ivan Lyons ( @Steve Foster ) - does a mean gag session about fat Muslims - yet still standing as a candidate. Is also very shy at mentioning in the local press ( The Argus ) that he's a Conservative candidate despite his comments saying 'don't vote Green \ Labour \ Lib Dem' etc. Also doesn't understand how easy it would be for him to set up a Argus username as 'Ivan Lyons' - although the cynic in me suggests he doesn't actually want to do that.

Notable that neither have posted on the Argus political threads today nor respond to mentions ( or PMs @Falmerfourtickets ! ) on here. Could they be a little shy ?

Problem being when it comes to my votes tomorrow - Greens have been utterly useless and voted to build on greenfield sites, Labour have been in the Greens pocket ( and admitted it on the doorstep ), Lib Dems - no way, not that I even have a Lib Dem candidate standing here, Independents appear to be a collection of climate change deniers and Covid deniers. I'll vote for Dawn Barnett and Nick Lewry (CON) - both of whom have been great - but as for third vote note sure if I should vote for a liar ( Timmy ) or one of the Independent misfits.
Shy Tories aren’t a new thing. And neither is people having more than one anonymous account on the internet.

Felix The Cat GIF by Tomas Brunsdon

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If you actually read the article, you would see that the twelve names I posted, each with a one liner, is a significant summarisation of the article, although there should have been a link :thumbsup:
Maybe. However, it was very much presented as "your own work", and I can't help but feel that was no accident.

If I were plagiarising a site, I'd certainly try and hide that it was the Daily Mirror I'd copied - whatever would people think?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Maybe. However, it was very much presented as "your own work", and I can't help but feel that was no accident.

If I were plagiarising a site, I'd certainly try and hide that it was the Daily Mirror I'd copied - whatever would people think?
At least it was the mail or the express ….

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
@Mellor 3 Ward 4 The Greens and Labour have been working together on 4 key issues (education, social services, climate change and housing, I think) but, come election time, the gloves are off. In the absence of proportional represention and any kind of electoral pact this leads to accusations of 'splitting the vote' and letting the Tories in.

If the Greens and Labour entered into an electoral pact, and not stood against each other in wards like Hangleton and Knoll, Patcham, Wish and Rottingdean Coastal in 2019, they could have obliterated tthe Tory represention on the Council.

But Labour don't allow that sort of thing.

The Argus asked AI who's going to win and ChatGPT said Labour will be the biggest party but NOC.

Personally, I think the new ward boundaries make it too tough to predict, that the Greens will suffer from being the lead party for the last few years and I'll be taking a very keen interest in the result for my ward and in another for a very personal reason!
Under PR or an equivalent, in Brighton, the Tories will never get in. Shirley?

The fight in the city is between the Greens and Labour.

Anyone know if Labour would agree to an ULEZ? I can’t see that from their blurb. But a Green councillor has been very vociferous that it’s a done deal.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Under PR or an equivalent, in Brighton, the Tories will never get in. Shirley?

The fight in the city is between the Greens and Labour.

Anyone know if Labour would agree to an ULEZ? I can’t see that from their blurb. But a Green councillor has been very vociferous that it’s a done deal.
Just been and voted.

Labour had talked about LTN's, but don't think it's a done deal!

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I doubt Labour would naturally go for a ULEZ because they do what the GMB taxi drivers want (as in the Old Shoreham Road cycle lane removal). However, next time I see a close acquaintance of mine who is very well connected, I'll ask them.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Just been and voted.

Labour had talked about LTN's, but don't think it's a done deal!

A LTN is a low traffic neighbourhood, not an Ultra Low Emission Zone. The former usually includes physical changes that prevent / discourage ratrunning by motor vehicles and make it easier, safer to use bikes, walking, as well as making the area quieter and reducing air pollution. The anti-argument is usually that they displce traffic onto roads (they should be on anyway). A ULEZ is a more broad brush attempt to tackle air pollution using fiscal incentives to change vehicle ownership. In London there's evidence that they don't displace dirty vehicles and that there's been an upgrading to cleaner vehicles. A scrappage scheme helps, especially for less wealthy car owners.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Nobody in for the results.

Rumours of a majorly good night for Labour

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Tight in Hangleton. Tories may have lost Goldsmid.

Greens in for a roasting.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Brighton has its first trans councillor (Roundhill)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here