• NOC- Conservative Largest Group

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
All the manifesto’s pledge to clear pavements, weeds etc.

After a 4 year break BHCC’s current administration have authorised the scalping of verges to mud through sit on mowers. Twice already this year in our road.

What happened to the no mow policy? Anyone would think there’s an election coming up.

I preferred the no mow policy, over 100 miles wild flowers thrived and therefore insects.

Chaotic, no strategy.
Agreed. Sow some wild flower seed and then mow once in the Autumn. Problem solved.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I'm proud to have voted this Government in and will vote Conservative again.
Out of interest, how bad does it need to get before you won't be 'proud' of this government? What aspects of their record are you particularly proud of?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agreed. Sow some wild flower seed and then mow once in the Autumn. Problem solved.

Loving gardening and I successfully grow mini meadows, with BHCC’s no mow policy I know exactly what to do and so last September for the first time took the opportunity to prepare our verge for a meadow this summer.

Low and behold, a BHCC oaf on an oafish mower has scalped it twice already this Spring :wanker: . Not just me moaning, neighbours have whinged that grass verges outside their homes have been taken to earth.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I did think that maybe the Brighton and Hove conservative association may want to review their criteria for selecting candidates after allowing NSC's comeback kings @Falmerfourtickets and @Steve Foster to stand as prospective Tory candidates again after their social media histories. However, I'm now thinking that a lot of other associations may also need to do the same.

It really is piss poor isn't it :facepalm:

Last edited by a moderator:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I did think that maybe the Brighton and Hove conservative association may want to review their criteria for selecting candidates after allowing NSC's comeback kings @Falmerfourtickets and @Steve Foster to stand as prospective Tory candidates again after their social media histories. However, I'm now thinking that a lot of other associations may also need to do the same.

It is very poor however has the same analysis been done for the other parties?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nobby Nomates

Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Be interesting to see what effect the new ID policy will have on voter numbers. Apparently people will be turned away at the door if they don't have ID, but no count will be made of them. If they make it inside and then can't show ID, then they'll be counted. I suspect that system is designed to make it look like people just didn't turn up to vote, rather than being turned away.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Out of interest, why did you cut one person from your list which seems to be copied from here: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/rogues-gallery-12-controversial-candidates-29866531

Exactly the same people in exactly the same sequence.

Last edited:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I've no idea, but nothing has come up on any of my news feeds. Maybe you could have a look and post the results :shrug:

Well, with two of you looking it should only take half the time :thumbsup:
Well it would mean reading a right wing rag like The Sun or Daily Mail, looking for a hit piece about a bunch of people who don’t matter at all. I’m not about to do that…

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Incompetent editing, now corrected :blush:
In fact I can now see you've just copy and pasted all of your content from that site.

As has been stated numerous times, please do NOT do this as doing so risks bankrupting this site if those who created the content pursue NSC for usage rights.

Please only include a few sentences or a paragraph and a link to the source so the content creators are rewarded with eyeballs and traffic and NSC doesn't get pursued for copying content.

I'll now have to edit all the posts above.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
In fact I can now see you've just copy and pasted all of your content from that site.

As has been stated numerous times, please do NOT do this as doing so risks bankrupting this site if those who created the content pursue NSC for usage rights.

Please only include a few sentences or a paragraph and a link to the source so the content creators are rewarded with eyeballs and traffic and NSC doesn't get pursued for copying content.

I'll now have to edit all the posts above.
Sorry, I should have added the link, but thought that I had summarised it significantly. Was going to change it but see you already have, thanks.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Sorry, I should have added the link, but thought that I had summarised it significantly. Was going to change it but see you already have, thanks.
Seems like a classic own goal in your haste to post something sensational. Summarised it significantly or copied and pasted? From the Mirror!! Oh dear!😩😩

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
@Mellor 3 Ward 4 The Greens and Labour have been working together on 4 key issues (education, social services, climate change and housing, I think) but, come election time, the gloves are off. In the absence of proportional represention and any kind of electoral pact this leads to accusations of 'splitting the vote' and letting the Tories in.

If the Greens and Labour entered into an electoral pact, and not stood against each other in wards like Hangleton and Knoll, Patcham, Wish and Rottingdean Coastal in 2019, they could have obliterated tthe Tory represention on the Council.

But Labour don't allow that sort of thing.

The Argus asked AI who's going to win and ChatGPT said Labour will be the biggest party but NOC.

Personally, I think the new ward boundaries make it too tough to predict, that the Greens will suffer from being the lead party for the last few years and I'll be taking a very keen interest in the result for my ward and in another for a very personal reason!

Last edited:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
@Mellor 3 Ward 4 The Greens and Labour have been working together on 4 key issues (education, social services, climate change and housing, I think) but, come election time, the gloves are off. In the absence of proportional represention and any kind of electoral pact this leads to accusations of 'splitting the vote' and letting the Tories in.

If the Greens and Labour entered into an electoral pact, and not stood against each other in wards like Hangleton and Knoll, Patcham, Wish and Rottingdean Coastal in 2019, they could have obliterated tthe Tory represention on the Council.

But Labour don't allow that sort of thing.

The Argus asked AI who's going to win and ChatGPT said Labour will be the biggest party but NOC.

Personally, I think the new ward boundaries make it too tough to predict, that the Greens will suffer from being the lead party for the last few years and I'll be taking a very keen interest in the result for my ward and in another for a very personal reason!
Interesting - and yes you're right - there is the risk of a split Labour / Green vote allowing Tories to win in some seats.

Let's be honest, whoever gets in has a huge task - the City is a bloody mess at the moment.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Lovely to see everyone getting on so well.

Interesting poll above. There is absolutely no chance of a Tory led administration or majority, but it should be interesting otherwise.

So, let's do the predictions and see who gets closest:

Mine (Updated):

Conservative: 8
Green: 20
Labour: 25
Liberal Democrat: 0
Independent: 1

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Seems like a classic own goal in your haste to post something sensational. Summarised it significantly or copied and pasted? From the Mirror!! Oh dear!😩😩

If you actually read the article, you would see that the twelve names I posted, each with a one liner, is a significant summarisation of the article, although there should have been a link :thumbsup:

So which of the prospective councillors I highlighted do you think should have passed the selection criteria resulting in this 'own goal', the ex Britain First leader, the one who makes racist posts, the anti-Semite, the convicted drug dealer, the one who wanted to stone migrants, or one of your own ???

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports