Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers ***Official Match Thread***

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Just been out. Its Force 4 gusting to 6 and feels like rain with grey clouds. Westerly.

Any chance the trains will be running?

I'm currently walking from Falmer to Woodingdean in the sunshine. Can't see anything remotely like rain for 15 miles in any direction. In fact it's clear to the Isle of Wight.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I thought we had a really good record against Wolves. Is it really only one win in ten?
Showing your age...!! TBF I thought the same... I think it was the years around 1979-1983 that we beat them several times in a row at home and away...?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Showing your age...!! TBF I thought the same... I think it was the years around 1979-1983 that we beat them several times in a row at home and away...?

I certainly don't remember that as I was born in 1983, but we certainly beat them at the Withdean a couple of times, and up there around the same time I think?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I certainly don't remember that as I was born in 1983, but we certainly beat them at the Withdean a couple of times, and up there around the same time I think?

Up until a couple of years ago, we had a very good record against Wolves. We seemed to be a bogey team to them.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I thought we had a really good record against Wolves. Is it really only one win in ten?

If it is, the one was when Kazenga got two inside the first half hour, Wolves were relegated, their fans turned on some of their players, O'Hara especially, and we closed out the season in style, prior to the major disappointment a couple of games later.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Knockaert and Dunk both on 4 yellows.

Is it worth them two purposely picking up yellows late on to miss Wigan away? Rather than potential getting booked at Wigan and missing Norwich at home?

I suggested on another thread that if he hasnt already got a yellow nearing injury time Dunk yo kick the ball away and get 1 for dissent. Not sure about AK as we will miss him whenever it is if March isnt ready.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
In injury time if he hasnt got a yellow already Dunk should kick the ball away to get a yellow and miss Wigan rather than Norwich.

No, he shouldn't. It'd be far more preferable if Dunk has got that far into the game that he's rested against Wigan, giving Goldson a chance, rather than needlessly getting a yellow, thereby making it more likely that he racks up ten yellows, and gets a further suspension.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia

Against Wolves we have played 28. 12 wins, 10 draws, 6 losses.

But yes we have only beaten them once in the last 10, a 2-0 home win in May 2013.

EDIT: we actually beat Wolves 9 times in a row between 1979 and 1989.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No, he shouldn't. It'd be far more preferable if Dunk has got that far into the game that he's rested against Wigan, giving Goldson a chance, rather than needlessly getting a yellow, thereby making it more likely that he racks up ten yellows, and gets a further suspension.

I dont think that you would get very good odds on him not getting 10. I dont think that is really relevant as with Stroud he will get one long before the end.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Watching Wolves play Villa on the weekend on Sky has really helped me to feel excited about this fixture. It's going to be very end to end. Wolves play very good counter attacking football. They look very effective down the wings and also like to keep the ball moving quick. Unlike last night, there's going to be a lot of chances for both teams.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Absolutely! The main reason we got relegated in '83 (apart from sacking Bailey and employing the clown Melia) was Wolves going down the year before, thus depriving us of our regular 6 points in the first division!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Does anyone know whether there are likely to be trains from Falmer to Brighton after the game please? Happy to get bus from Brighton to Hangleton but suspect that buses from Falmer are likely to be full/v difficult. Wondering whether to give the game a miss.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
My point is why not get it done and out of the way if 10 cards is likely.

Because, in doing so, you're increasing the likelihood. The idea is to decrease it. By increasing it, you're also making 15 more likely, and further bans, potentially at season-defining moments. It's a bad idea: accept it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here