Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs West Ham United *** Official Match Thread ***

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Fair enough re Webster .

Although on a general level this game has highlighted what we have lost . It’s not that gilmour is a bad player , it’s that Moises is an outstanding one. Moises could do everything, billy is limited with niche attributes.
I fear we haven’t come close to replacing Mac and caicedo .

Moises wouldn’t have helped though, nearly everything went over their heads and they got in behind us.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
You can be certain that Howe is going to be absolutely licking his lips thinking about Almerion, Isak, Barnes and Gordon running at this lot. Big week for RDZ, this is quite clearly not what he's expecting from his defenders.
Newcastle will at least come out and play. Which means we won't have to spend ninety six minutes trying to get past a low block

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
2 pens for me and 3 world class saves. we had our chances, the stats don't lie. Webster has had a real bad day, costing us 2 goals.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Fair enough re Webster .

Although on a general level this game has highlighted what we have lost . It’s not that gilmour is a bad player , it’s that Moises is an outstanding one. Moises could do everything, billy is limited with niche attributes.
I fear we haven’t come close to replacing Mac and caicedo .
Well Dahoud is a DM so not sure why he was not playing - I guess to get Milner and Gross in the same team. Billy's a good player, more Mac than Caicedo I would say.
At least we shouldn't see Webster for a while

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Hopefully this is the result that makes De Zerbi alter the midfield. Way way too open. West Ham players unmarked and allowed to run at the defenders. It has been like that all three games so far.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Dunk shouldn't be immune from this game either. He was poor today and was trashed by Bowen 3 times

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Definitely not dull though. That could have been 5-0 or 5-5 just as Wolves could've been 0-5 or 5-5.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Well Dahoud is a DM so not sure why he was not playing - I guess to get Milner and Gross in the same team. Billy's a good player, more Mac than Caicedo I would say.
At least we shouldn't see Webster for a while
Dahoud just doesn't look physical enough yet (or might never be that type of player). I am not sure he offers much more than Gilmour currently.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Newcastle will be very very confident watching that. What did you learn from Everton Roberto? Not a lot on the face of it so can you do something this week with the team.

He also needs help from the club. Big boost if we can get 3 in.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
2 pens for me and 3 world class saves. we had our chances, the stats don't lie. Webster has had a real bad day, costing us 2 goals.
Penalties? There were no penalty decisions to be had today. Ref had a good game.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Can't complain. Type of away win we would have settled for. Well drilled defending. Until the later minutes we only had one chance we should have scored from. Ironically, the Gross effort was the one that came from nowhere.

I thought Webster was poor and Pervis just not concentrating or tracking back properly at times.

Still, this will sober a few folks up.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I need a drink.
Amazing that even 0 - 3 down, their GK is their best player.
We simply left it too late to switch on...and the subs were far too late, also.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Newcastle will at least come out and play. Which means we won't have to spend ninety six minutes trying to get past a low block
Totally disagree. Howe will respect our attacking. He'll keep it tight and know his attacking players have enough on the break. Absolutely no need for them to out football us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here