Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs West Ham United *** Official Match Thread ***

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
RDZ clearly trying to engineer his dream move to Spurs by torpedoing our season.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Good line up -imo - had a feeling after Stoke that Steele would get a chance in a league match - he was faultless against Stoke, very involved in play from the back and my MOTM - doesn’t hurt us to have depth here imo especially if Sanchez is feeling fatigued or has any niggling injuries.

Not reading anything into this line up other than RDZ has studied oppo and concluded this is the best tactical start.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
If it's not injury/disciplinary related that's a huge call.

Steele isn't a Premier League first choice keeper regardless of how well he's done in one off cup games.
My Mackem mate reckons he is one of the worst goalkeepers in their club’s history. I think he has done really well with us and I’m supporting the manager.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Strong team but very torn about this goalie move:
On one hand, Jason Steele is a fine keeper and arguably deserves his chance.
On the other hand, this is a massive step towards the club getting rid of a very good keeper who has been with the club for 10 years but yet is years from peaking.

If you look pretty much all over football, the relation between the starting keeper and the manager who puts the starting keeper on the bench does not really recover.

Brave move from De Zerbi but in the mid or long term I think it could prove costly on a number of levels.

Also f*** knows exactly what Lamptey has done to get in front of Veltman but still not really opposed to it as Lamptey might be a better choice against this particular opponent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here