[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Amazing! What a brilliant game of football ! …The way Tottenham played allowed us to show our strengths. Thank god they could not finish early on , we could have been stuffed . But the gods smiled upon us and we put on a marvellous performance.
Everyone played well , the much maligned Milner put in a shift and the absence of Mitouma and Adringa didn’t seem to matter.
What a night to be an Albion fan …. “ Seagulls!”
Yes, Milner was excellent and we found an effective way to play without 2 out and out wingers... brilliant stuff.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
What a mad match to wake up to.

We played so well for 80 minutes, were cruising to a thumping win and a lovely clean sheet and then nearly imploded.

Bloody entertaining though and we close out the year well in the mix for another European spot and in the last 16 of the Europa league. We've got everything to play for in the second half of the season.
With hopefully a few extra bodies available, either recovered injuries, or new purchases.. or both.

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023
Did anyone think Pedro lacked a little pace? He was ahead of last defender two or three times but couldn't stay clear. He was great yesterday but I thought he was quicker.
Did wonder that, but perhaps in the second he was simply tiring..he put in a fair old shift. Only times for me when the lack of wingers were an issue was when Milner was the out ball and furthest player forward..he had to check back, whereas Adingra or Mitoma would likely have sped on. Maybe overly critical though as he had such a good game and would have deserved scoring when hitting the post.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Did anyone think Pedro lacked a little pace? He was ahead of last defender two or three times but couldn't stay clear. He was great yesterday but I thought he was quicker.
Yes, I too was surprised to see that he was being overtaken or stopped, feeling that he would not out-run the defender, but then as others have said, he did do an awful lot of running, as he always does, so perhaps we should not be too critical.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
What a performance. Was delighted with that.

Have to say Glenn Murray did a great job at fending off questions for 20 minutes that focused purely on how spurs can get back to winning ways and how hard done by they are to be so injury ravaged. Amazon can now go f*** themselves.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Hinshelwood did hit his shot straight at the keeper - it just went through him at great speed. :D ⚽
I think in his post match interview he implied he was aiming for the bottom left!
I loved Estupinian's hands behind back block near the end. Absolute class.
And yet Spurs appealed vociferously for a handball. Ridiculous.
Ange wanting a red card for Dunk.. it’s one where if you freeze frame at certain point it looks kind of nasty… but given that Dunk had possession, was making a pass/clearance, kulusevski is rushing in as much as anything, and the only reason any contact is made at all is because dunk slips, means it would be a veeeeery harsh red card.
Trouble is - there have been a few red cards for precisely that already this year. Didn't MacAllister get one (may have been reversed on appeal?).

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Great night - up there with Newcastle & United away as the best PL games of the season.

Don’t want to start a thread or bounce an old one BUT the exodus after Spurs scored their second was pathetic. When the team really needed support. The trains were fine, most are off work, no school etc. It really is a joke.

The Spurs fans dotted around W1F stayed longer than loads of Albion fans even at 4-0 down.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I think I like Postecoglu even more after tonight. Always loved a whinging Aussie!
Mrs+Mangel+80s.jpg

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
They always do that (annoyingly!) the same night. The full match is usually up in the morning.
Just discovered that target than click on Brighton v Tottenham you need to select "more information" and then you can choose full replay, extended highlights etc

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
Thought Milner was superb last night. Like a young Solly March, but better! He showed he still has something to offer going forward and shouldn’t be consigned to play so deep all the time.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Great night - up there with Newcastle & United away as the best PL games of the season.

Don’t want to start a thread or bounce an old one BUT the exodus after Spurs scored their second was pathetic. When the team really needed support. The trains were fine, most are off work, no school etc. It really is a joke.

The Spurs fans dotted around W1F stayed longer than loads of Albion fans even at 4-0 down.
They didn’t behind the goal , was like watching the Chelsea fans

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Another little stat.

This was Albion's 10th score of 4 or more since joining the Premier League.

Nine of those have come in the last two seasons- 7 under De Zerbi

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports