Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur *** Official Match Thread ***

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
When ever I hear Potter speak I wonder how he ever inspires anyone.

Tonight like the previous 4 home games followed the same pattern, to which he offered **** all. Dunk has completely lost the ability to kick a ball. March is awful, Gross too slow and thinks he's playing with 4ft tall players. He put Lamptey on yet played him behind Mavis March (ohh I don't really know). Sanchez is going backwards (especially for the second goal). Shocking to watch professional footballers (Maupay) attempting to spin from 6 yards out to be able to kick it with his better foot.

Meanwhile Potter standing there with hands in pockets talking to his Scottish sidekick offering nothing at all to change the fact for game after game we are still ****ing about with it constantly whether in our own half, supposedly chasing the game or the having the ability to constantly find a team mate just outside the opposition who as obviously coached to be facing the wrong direction. Who then passes it straight back or flicks it in hope behind them, all while be surrounded by 6 opposition players. Every shooting chance is given up to pass out wide, only for the ball to be re-cycled back to Dunk and co.

There's no passion, a lack of effort, a lack of any direction from the side lines and the same players getting the games time after time.

Potter we are entitled, entitled to better (at home especially for your record is appalling). We should also remember our history, the one where we looked like scoring at home.

Boo? Too ****ing right I did.

Shocking Potter. Haven't heard his interview but if it was anything like the one after Liverpool, Putin will want him in his press office.

Have to agree with this. Another 160 mile round trip to watch this dirge. The silly thing was I wasn’t expecting any different!

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Have no idea where to start, as there was so much not to like about the whole evening from seeing the line up to the faff getting home… so I’ll narrow it down to being gobsmacked at the dire decision making by some players, coupled with dire decision making by Potter, and I’ll throw in the mind draining slow pace at which we barely move the ball forward.

In two months we’ve gone from outclassing Chelsea, to looking an absolute shambles.

There must surely be a reason.

Only two changes, burn and ashworth. However we have been crap most of the season but picking up many lucky points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Not an entirely terrible game but boy the ocean of difference in quality between these players.. almost depressive.

You may get to follow another team soon. Who knows?

Imagine the theatrical timing of it all. You arrive at Mrs Miggin’s Portslade B&B just as Mr Potter is being shown the door at Lancing. Would be cruelly poetic for you.

But it won’t happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
When ever I hear Potter speak I wonder how he ever inspires anyone.

Tonight like the previous 4 home games followed the same pattern, to which he offered **** all. Dunk has completely lost the ability to kick a ball. March is awful, Gross too slow and thinks he's playing with 4ft tall players. He put Lamptey on yet played him behind Mavis March (ohh I don't really know). Sanchez is going backwards (especially for the second goal). Shocking to watch professional footballers (Maupay) attempting to spin from 6 yards out to be able to kick it with his better foot.

Meanwhile Potter standing there with hands in pockets talking to his Scottish sidekick offering nothing at all to change the fact for game after game we are still ****ing about with it constantly whether in our own half, supposedly chasing the game or the having the ability to constantly find a team mate just outside the opposition who as obviously coached to be facing the wrong direction. Who then passes it straight back or flicks it in hope behind them, all while be surrounded by 6 opposition players. Every shooting chance is given up to pass out wide, only for the ball to be re-cycled back to Dunk and co.

There's no passion, a lack of effort, a lack of any direction from the side lines and the same players getting the games time after time.

Potter we are entitled, entitled to better (at home especially for your record is appalling). We should also remember our history, the one where we looked like scoring at home.

Boo? Too ****ing right I did.

Shocking Potter. Haven't heard his interview but if it was anything like the one after Liverpool, Putin will want him in his press office.

I thought the same about the second goal - When the pass was made, Sanchez was about 10 yards from where Kane took his shot, went backward 10 yards, sidewards 10 yards and then was never in a position to make a save, looked all at sea. As for his 'too cool for school' approach that left Kane with the early chance, leave that to the forwards son....

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Not an entirely terrible game but boy the ocean of difference in quality between these players.. almost depressive.

Shit tactics and picking out of form players. The manager has to take 100% of the blame. He won’t he’ll blame Fred sitting in row z seat 321 for sighing when another pass sideways kills any hope.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Shit tactics and picking out of form players. The manager has to take 100% of the blame. He won’t he’ll blame Fred sitting in row z seat 321 for sighing when another pass sideways kills any hope.

Well fancy that, a post that clears Potter of any responsibility for this dross.

Well obviously the coach plays a part, just like all of the eleven guys on the pitch. But its not like the Burnley game where the boys lost hard and heavy against similar level of players... this was a different beast. Best team with best footballers won.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Well obviously the coach plays a part, just like all of the eleven guys on the pitch. But its not like the Burnley game where the boys lost hard and heavy against similar level of players... this was a different beast. Best team with best footballers won.

Spurs lost at Burnley recently.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Yup... and beat Manchester City. Football is exciting; anything can happen. But in most games, the side with Son, Kane and Kulusevski are going to beat the team with Trossard, Maupay and March.

Or possibly a manager like Conte is always going to beat a manager like Potter....?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Yup... and beat Manchester City. Football is exciting; anything can happen. But in most games, the side with Son, Kane and Kulusevski are going to beat the team with Trossard, Maupay and March.

You’ve probably answered this elsewhere. But what’s your take on all this? Clearly Potter is really up against it and a lot of that is little to do with him. You’re usually pragmatic about these things (despite what some NSCers say) so I can imagine you saying it’s a number of things, and ultimately just football. But it does seem that Potter has run out of ideas atm. I think last night was just one of those nights, but the result, combined with the run we are on, it all looked a bit toothless and rudderless.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Sobered up and calmed down a bit.

just watched the highlights.
We were poor, but there were 2 very decent penalty shouts, I don't think either went to VAR.
I would say the one prior to their goal was every bit as nailed on as Liverpool's one at the weekend.

It doesn't really change anything, but made me feel a bit less down on the team.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Sobered up and calmed down a bit.

just watched the highlights.
We were poor, but there were 2 very decent penalty shouts, I don't think either went to VAR.
I would say the one prior to their goal was every bit as nailed on as Liverpool's one at the weekend.

It doesn't really change anything, but

I think the fact it came off his shoulder onto his arm means (under the new rules) that it’s not classed as handball.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here