[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Here we go again,I am expecting us to dominate possession wise without actually hurting Spurs, miss a couple of golden opportunities to score, get hit by a couple of sucker punches and be gallant losers once again,still we take the positives away from the game,learn from our mistakes and move on....again....plucky little ol' Brighton playing some great football but lacking a cutting edge....ho hum! I really hope I am wrong!!

How have you managed to see the game already? When was the premiere, like there is with films?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I'm quite frankly appalled at all the weary cynicism and sarcastic comments that frequent the early pages of matchday threads .... one day, ONE DAY we will see a performance and result to knock our socks off! Perhaps* today's that day!!! :albion2:

* Unlikely

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Normally pessimistic about our chances but got a good feeling about today.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Best time to play Spurs I think with certain players missing

Going 1-0 Albion, early goal but heavy defending from then on

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I'm another who is feeling surprisingly confident. I expect to wake up tomorrow and see a positive result for the Albion(us, not west brom...).

I woke up same! Then read this thread and reality bites :)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Time to chalk up another one onto our "no home wins" run tonight methinks

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur *** Official Match Thread ***

No Kane is a huge bonus. We will make shed load of chances, get a pen and draw 1-1. People here forget, we’re not winning enough true, but we’re not losing much either.

Also would like to see Aaron feature to head **** any of the Spurs players who faced him last season.

Interestingly Spurs fans aren’t confident.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I just want us to win early and win big only to shut the *doom pessimists * on here ruining yet another match day thread with incessant criticism of our players who are trying their level best and undermining our manager at every opportunity.
We are supposedly 'supporters' so let's support whether we win, lose or draw, plenty of time at the end of the season for recriminations.
*Was going to use the phrase doom mongers but didn't want to be accused of using derogatory terms to fellow ' supporters'.
Now come in the team let's get the points we deserve or the three points we maybe don't really deserve, we've had more than our share of misfortune, let today be the day we win deservedly or not. UTA.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I just want us to win early and win big only to shut the *doom pessimists * on here ruining yet another match day thread with incessant criticism of our players who are trying their level best and undermining our manager at every opportunity.
We are supposedly 'supporters' so let's support whether we win, lose or draw, plenty of time at the end of the season for recriminations.
*Was going to use the phrase doom mongers but didn't want to be accused of using derogatory terms to fellow ' supporters'.
Now come in the team let's get the points we deserve or the three points we maybe don't really deserve, we've had more than our share of misfortune, let today be the day we win deservedly or not. UTA.

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122] hear hear

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Interesting watching MoTD last night with their stat about goals and points. Essentially, Kane’s goals have led to the highest percentage of points gained by a single player of any Premier League team (the next striker earning most of his team’s point’s is Wilson at Newcastle unsurprisingly).

Whilst Spurs still have the potential to smash us off the park (Bale could have a blinder etc), I think Mourinho will set defensive to hit us on the break and will rely on us missing our big chances; this might be the match we don’t. I’m confident.

Screenshot 2021-01-31 114641.png

Screenshot 2021-01-31 114848.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports