[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Southampton *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Completely agree, our midfield was a man down and we're carrying an extra duff striker

Woeful management.

Webster and Dunk were poor, Maupay a waste of a shirt. . . . Very strange substitutions, a point is a fair result but it really should have been game over at half time. Instead we threw it away.

So nice to see Gross score, haven't seen a replay but they took their time with VAR so must have been close.

Not a definitive picture but it doesn't look offside.

[tweet]1518245302662316037[/tweet]

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Queues after were horrendous!

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Just to add, brought my son a few bits in the club shop today and thought I’d get his younger brother something as he’s not really old enough to go. Decided on a BHAFC kids drinking cup, you know the type, with a lid and straw.

At the checkout I was told I could have the other items but could I come back after the game as the empty plastic kids drinking cup wasn’t allowed in the ground! FFS!

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Fair result, sadly. We had a real chance at 2-0 to put the game to bed but poor defending gifted them a way back into the game. At least we scored and didn't lose. Not much fun, though. Saints our bogey team.

Sanchez was to blame for allowing the free kick to beat him but the real culprits were Dunk and Cucurella for failing to clear it into the stands on the halfway line. The hesitation between them was criminal and Webster's "pass" lead to the equaliser.. We don't make things easy for ourselves.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Just to add, brought my son a few bits in the club shop today and thought I’d get his younger brother something as he’s not really old enough to go. Decided on a BHAFC kids drinking cup, you know the type, with a lid and straw.

At the checkout I was told I could have the other items but could I come back after the game as the empty plastic kids drinking cup wasn’t allowed in the ground! FFS!

Possibly one of the best chances you'll ever have to literally throw your toys out the pram.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Shocking
Unforgivable
Waste of a shirt
Etc

Just in and only skimmed a couple of pages of this thread but seems like the hyperbole has gone into overdrive again :shrug:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Queues after were horrendous!

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

The queues after were normal (going to Lewes at least). I stayed til all Albion players were off pitch. And was on the 435 to Lewes. Pretty much the standard 35 min wait after every game.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
So after a hectic 4 game intense feel to them I feel that we were a bit lackluster 2nd half so put your feet up boys and rest and go again next Saturday.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Just got home from the game. Wonder what potter said at half time, substitutions were baffling too. Still, felt like we were lucky to get 1 point from that.

Special shout out to the crooked, or totally inept linesman on the east side. Worst performance yet from an official.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Not a definitive picture but it doesn't look offside.

[tweet]1518245302662316037[/tweet]

Its not off side, the lines are not parallel, and the cameras not in line . . . a total joke.

Having said that, its the only time in the game that linesman was close to being in line with the ball!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Its not off side, the lines are not parallel, and the cameras not in line . . . a total joke.

Having said that, its the only time in the game that linesman was close to being in line with the ball!

The fact the linesman called that offside given the other decisions he missed I suggest he did not want to see an Albion win :shrug:

He obviously wanted it to be offside as there is no way the human eye can call that in real time with any certainty.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I didn't feel like we controlled either half. Felt like we played like the away team pretty much from the moment we got the fortunate first goal - sitting back and defending, hoping for something on the break. Some of our counter attacks were great, but not sure any really looked like resulting in a goal, and it took another defensive error to extend the lead. Sitting back predictably led to a free-kick which we all knew Ward-Prowse would score. Second half we continued to sit back. Then looked to March and Gross to turn the game around., I don't know that they've ever really turned a game around. Shore up midfield, fresh legs in a working approach, they're good options. Taking the game by the scruff of the neck and turning it in our favour is not something I remember them ever doing. Though looking at our bench I'm not sure any of them were game changers.

Good post.

Our opener seemed to send Stains into overdrive.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Bit annoying really, thought we were decent and played with some good intent.

Sadly we seem to lack leaders on the pitch and we have bit of a soft under belly and Southampton were quite smart in that regard. I’m pretty sure Dunk & Webster has been on ketamine at half time or something as that 15 minutes after the break was bizarre - when we needed one or both to step up.

Also I’m sorry but say what you want about Gross and what he has done - but he slows us down so much and is a liability to run into a ball or get into a race man for man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports