Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Sheffield Wednesday *** Official Match Thread ***

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Well we have not learnt from last season then have we. Aspinall saying just as much on the WIRELESS.

Agreed. Baffling how sold out season tickets, almost full attendances and we have a smaller squad that other in the top 6 and particularly up front. Is Murray salary a problem?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I'm reasonably confident because Wednesday have been quiet poor of late.....will be a close one though and hopefully we'll sneak it.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
I hope this convinces the club that we need another striker now. I know everyone says March, Knockeart, Murphy etc can play the second striker role, which is true but it is not their natural position. If Bloom does not gamble and spend the cash needed to secure the striker and therefore promotion then I fear he and everyone else will regret it massively as if we don't go up this season Dunk, Stephens and probably Knockeart will all go in the summer.

Still think we have a great team out tonight but the bench looks weak from an attacking standpoint.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
cant see the fuss. with the exception of sheff wed how many other championship teams have more than 3 established championship strikers?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I hope this convinces the club that we need another striker now. I know everyone says March, Knockeart, Murphy etc can play the second striker role, which is true but it is not their natural position. If Bloom does not gamble and spend the cash needed to secure the striker and therefore promotion then I fear he and everyone else will regret it massively as if we don't go up this season Dunk, Stephens and probably Knockeart will all go in the summer.

Still think we have a great team out tonight but the bench looks weak from an attacking standpoint.
Not quiet as kayal is pretty good at attacking through the middle and March is very useful....Defo need a striker and a quality CF/midfielder if possible.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I'm sure Mr Hughton has a better idea about how his players play together than the collective bullshit from NSC. Not long ago, it was slag off Baldock season, now it's we're going to be relegated without him season. If I see the starting line up correctly, there should be a few crosses going in the box tonight

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Really don't like the lack of Baldock up front, renders a bit paceless imo.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I'm sure Mr Hughton has a better idea about how his players play together than the collective bullshit from NSC. Not long ago, it was slag off Baldock season, now it's we're going to be relegated without him season. If I see the starting line up correctly, there should be a few crosses going in the box tonight

Where are those crosses gping to come from?
Both our wide men prefer to come inside.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Whilst I don't rate Baldock as a 20 a season man, for obvious reasons, I do feel we are a better side with him in it and we lack mobility without him

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh I don't want to be accused of 'aftertiming, my £1's are on:-

1st goal direct from a free kick 25/1
Tomer to score last 11/2
Duffy score in each half 400/1
Wed ht Albion ft 33/1

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Which I think is more of an indication that we could really use another striker happy to run the channels.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here