Brighton & Hove Albion Vs Sheffield Wednesday ****OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD****

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Although now doesn't seem to be the right time to be talking about next season, if we can keep the majority of the core squad, add some further quality in place of Holla, JFC, Crofts, Zamora, Greer, ( who I expect to all be off) then we can go again.

We're hanging on to Elvis then, are we?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It would have done if we hadn't been cheated at a crucial moment. Weds were crumbling IMO, that goal changed everything.
On it's more than that.

In the cold light of day, ask yourself:-

'how many saves did their keeper make in the second half?'

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
Although now doesn't seem to be the right time to be talking about next season, if we can keep the majority of the core squad, add some further quality in place of Holla, JFC, Crofts, Zamora, Greer, ( who I expect to all be off) then we can go again.
Reminds me of the huge disappointment of the 77/78 season. We regrouped then and went up the following season.

Yeah, those of us around then well remember it. At one stage thought there'd been a goal (wasn't it Southampton?) and the old Goldstone went wild. Big reality check later on even though we won that afternoon. I doubt if Dunk will stay though...

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Yeah, those of us around then well remember it. At one stage thought there'd been a goal (wasn't it Southampton?) and the old Goldstone went wild. Big reality check later on even though we won that afternoon. I doubt if Dunk will stay though...
Think we will have to battle to keep Kayal, Stephens and Dunk. Big summer ahead!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Yeh, he will.

Blue_Boy

Apr 26, 2016
North Of The Wall
I've already explained that it was tongue-in-cheek! I'll be totally committed to the Albion whatever happens.

Apologies. Emotions are raw & I thought you were giving up on the Club on a night it's hard but vital to stay together. Next season OK? If there's any justice we'll do it. We''re owed it. Sure we made mistakes but how many during the course of the season itself? Few but sadly in the last few games when we needed stability. Next season we do it having learnt from this. Night

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Apologies. Emotions are raw & I thought you were giving up on the Club on a night it's hard but vital to stay together. Next season OK? If there's any justice we'll do it. We''re owed it. Sure we made mistakes but how many during the course of the season itself? Few but sadly in the last few games when we needed stability. Next season we do it having learnt from this. Night

No worries. Tough night for us all but we'll be back for more next year!

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Esp with Newcastle, Norwich and Villa splashing their 'reward for failure' cash around.

Norwich may be a decent side but see Newcastle as a rebuilding project for the brave, as for Villa, they need a whole new squad, think they'll be in for a tougher ride than they imagine, and they have shitty fans too, think they'll struggle. Derby will probably spunk the cash about again, presuming they don't score 4 at Hull.

Flex Your Head

Radio 5 commentators and pundits much better then - repeatedly acknowledged how unlucky we were.

The beIN Sports (?) team were far more even-handed too. Repeatedly mentioned how unlucky we are not to have an Auto place with 89 points and how much of a wonderful season we've had.

So gutted, but couldn't ask for any more after that heroic performance.

(Except for slightly better finishing maybe).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports