Brighton & Hove Albion Vs Sheffield Wednesday ****OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD****

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The entire season in one game.

When we were good, we were very very good.
But when we needed a goal, it was never going to come.

It would have done if we hadn't been cheated at a crucial moment. Weds were crumbling IMO, that goal changed everything.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
image.jpg

Blue_Boy

Apr 26, 2016
North Of The Wall
I bloody hope so; if not, we could be looking at L1!

Come on. Man up. What more could we have done? Jeez that's a ridiculous comment. We lost JUST 5 games in the Championship & STILL lost out to a team that plays hoof ball & one that kicked & conned us in the last league game

Be proud. The team gave all they could. The support was deafening. Do we deserve this travesty? No. Will we stay together & hope our players do too & get behind CH for another long, determined effort next season? We have to believe so

Oh sod the words right now. Hard to take & positivity is faded. Off before other Club's lowlifes come on the site to gloat. Heads up guys

Last edited:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I had a bad feeling after the Burnley late equaliser. We're a bit short up front aren't we. not sure any of our strikers are top class championship standard, certainly not sam and wilson. Sam baldock is just cms mark 2 - runs a lot, can't fault his effort, can't score. It just hasn't worked out for wilson after a promising start. we'd have done better with hemed, but doubt he'd have changed the outcome

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Come on. Man up. What more could we have done? Jeez that's a ridiculous comment. We lost JUST 5 games in the Championship & STILL lost out to a team that plays golf ball & one that kicked & conned us in the last league game

Be proud. The team gave all they could. The support was deafening. Do we deserve this travesty? No. Will be stay together & hope our players do too & get behind CH for another long, determined effort next season? We have to

Oh sod the words right now. Hard to take & positivity is faded. Back before other Clubs lowlifes come on the site to gloat. Heads up guys

I've already explained that it was tongue-in-cheek! I'll be totally committed to the Albion whatever happens.

Gutted, but what a season. Referee incompetent has cost us. A lack of finishing has cost us and watching my team has cost me dear, but I would not have missed it for the world.
We are Brighton, super Brighton, we are Brighton, from the south.
Can't wait for August. Newcastle, Villa. Championship, the best league in the world. And I love it!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Although now doesn't seem to be the right time to be talking about next season, if we can keep the majority of the core squad, add some further quality in place of Holla, JFC, Crofts, Zamora, Greer, ( who I expect to all be off) then we can go again.
Reminds me of the huge disappointment of the 77/78 season. We regrouped then and went up the following season.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
As mentioned above and elsewhere in the thread it's finishing that cost us goals tonight as it has done all season, no good players like Wilson especially getting into good positions if they just flap at the ball with their feet when they get there. Serious work needs doing pn this over the summer.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I'm on the train to Brighton leaving now- loads of room. Shame they didn't let more on.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
lol Wait till the summer and see our best players sold, it's always the case with us and watch us bring in Elivs mark 2 or another O'Grade etc

Sometimes it's best to say nothing. Or just shut up altogether.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports