Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Sheffield Wednesday *** Official Match Thread ***

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Trying to find positives, Rotherham have now joined the list of teams that can't catch us ................. almost! They'd have to make up a 34 goal difference - so I think I'm safe to say, 'WE CAN'T BE RELEGATED!'

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Worst game of football I've seen for a long time, mind you I wasn't at Preston.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Trying to find positives, Rotherham have now joined the list of teams that can't catch us ................. almost! They'd have to make up a 34 goal difference - so I think I'm safe to say, 'WE CAN'T BE RELEGATED!'

To catch us, Rotherham would have to win all their games, this would involve beating Bristol and MK Dons, making it impossible for them to catch us. For MK Dons to catch us they;d have to beat Rotherham and Fulham, leaving them unable to catch us. For Fulham to catch us they have to beat Bristol and MK dons making it impossible for them to catch us. For Bristol to catch us, they'd have to beat Fulham and Rotherham, making it impossible for them to catch us.

We can't finish lower than 20th.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We could EASILY have lost that the way we played tonight, so a point given other results isn't too bad. We've also learnt that Kayal is the player that makes us tick so by resting him tonight (he's carrying injuries by all accounts) hopefully he'll be ok for next week.

It feels like we should be downbeat but there are positives tonight.

We move on.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just not sure we are good enough for the top 2. Play offs? yes
Playoffs are no good.

We have a history of inglorious failure in them. One very lucky promotion, 3 miserable deteats where we didn't turn up.

It was automatics or nothing, I'm afraid, and top 2 is gone :nono:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
We could EASILY have lost that the way we played tonight, so a point given other results isn't too bad. We've also learnt that Kayal is the player that makes us tick so by resting him tonight (he's carrying injuries by all accounts) hopefully he'll be ok for next week.

It feels like we should be downbeat but there are positives tonight.

We move on.

We knew about Kayal at the Preston home game. He must be injured, otherwise it is a shocking decision by Hughton.
Not good enough tonight. We won't go up if we can't beat the top teams.

I am concerned about our form. I know we've had some good results but we haven't played well for weeks. Still now a week until the next game to get some rest and find some form.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
LuaLua showing why he is not a top Championship player. Poor decision making and gave away the ball or fouls 4 times that led to an attack. Get rid

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
LuaLua showing why he is not a top Championship player. Poor decision making and gave away the ball or fouls 4 times that led to an attack. Get rid
Based on 20 mins? What about the games at the beginning of the season, where he was player of the month?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He was excellent prior to his injury, our best player probably, this was his first bit of game time since coming back. Your comment seems a bit harsh on the lad to me.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We will see. Fully expect Hughton to replace him with Skalak against Reading

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
That entire game may as well not have happened. I can't decide if that or Preston was the more pointless game of football I've been to this season.

Why, at home, do we play two defensively minded midfielders?
Why, all of a sudden, can we not keep the ball?
Why, when we do keep the ball, can we not string three passes together?

And, most importantly, why, WHY do s**t refs keep getting games?

That 90 minutes will go down in my life story as an entirely needless filler chapter. Shit.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I would not say that. We have performed exactly how you would expect. We have a 1 in 4 success rate.
Yes, but the 1 we were exceedingly lucky to beat both Swindon, and Bristol, and the 3 defeats were all an utter shambles.

We are simply not a playoff club.

Championship again next season, sadly :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here