Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Sheffield United *** Official Match Thread ***

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Gone are the days of 32 shots (4 on target) compared to an opponent’s zero, and us finding a way to loose 0-1. I reckon we might stuff them.

Apologies for cursing us if happens!
It’s got shock away win …… well ….. pencilled in.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We've basically had a day and a half to prepare, train and assess injuries. Always the case for any team in the Europa League and I'm not complaining but we will need to dig deep, on and off the pitch.

Sheffield Utd have a lot of injuries and a poor squad to start with, Heckingbottom is doing the best he can. Their fans last time at the Amex (before Covid) were pretty decent and nowhere near as entitled as their city rivals. They will be here for a good day out and any result will be a bonus.

I can remember when that was us and it wasn't long ago.

In short, a loud away end with minimal expectations and a ten man low block. Triffic :shootself

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
In 2017 the players would be looking for two weeks off from fixtures and maybe a week in Spain
In 2020 the players would be saying everyone on the plane to Dubai for a week.
Tonight it'll be a whole host of players jetting off for international duty.
It just never stops. For me, I'd normally jet off for a week somewhere but having done that twice in the past few months it's time to catch up on the paperwork at home.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Our injury list is brutal..... and we played on Thursday, not the best preparation. But they have injuries too and they’re bottom of the league ( dare I say ?) knowing us it is certainly not a foregone conclusion it we have to hope to win.. We need three points to stay in contention and maybe a breather in the international break - if our players are not jetting round the world for their country... :albion2:

But on the bright side, Lamb Kofta special :drool:

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
We may have a few injuries but should still be strong enough to beat Sheffield United, although there have been a couple of suprise results over the weekend

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We may have a few injuries but should still be strong enough to beat Sheffield United, although there have been a couple of suprise results over the weekend
Yep. Man Utd actually managed to beat Luton.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Early goal would be very handy today...

Preferably not against us as has happened a lot it seems this season! Although we love a second half come back after a shithouse 1st half...

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
This is exactly the type of fixture that has banana skin potential.

On paper, and statistically, we are favourites.

We are certainly going to dominate all statistics after 90 minutes... except possibly one, the result.

Sheff Utd will play as they should - they will defend and try to get us on the break.

Depending on how organised in defense they are and how clinical they can be on the day, they have every chance of getting a result here.

Strangely these days I feel more confident about getting results against the better Premier League sides, than the lower ones who know they have to play a certain way to get a result against us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here