Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Reading *** Official Match Thread ***

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
One of the most complete performances I've seen from us in seasons. We executed ourselves brilliantly, noticed how we often allowed Reading a little bit of time on the ball, then exerted pressure which ultimately lead to errors and counter attacks?

Murphy was superb, didn't see much wrong from him and Poco was brilliant - contract for him? Bruno's diagonal ball to Baldock was brilliant. I am glad to see him firing on all cylinders, because I wrote him off after last season and he's now one of the crucial players on the team.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Just got through the door in mid-Wales.....bloody brilliant day.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

:bhasign:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bossed it big time, they were not even fit to polish our players boots

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Me, too. I was sure they'd spoil my day, but 3 pints of strong homebrew, one for each of our lovely goals, and 3 points, thank you very much! :bhasign:

What homebrew? I have an all-grain citra IPA brew planned for next weekend as I couldn't get a ticket to the Forest game

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
All credit to you :thumbsup:
Shame about some comments on this forum link below, even though there are some positive Albion ones.

http://www.royals.org/forum/viewtop...id=69a38e91c3ca84fc17def939a172ae0d&start=180

I was expecting to be able to rip into a load of comments on there but a lot of them are very fair. We are almost as tinpot as them if we're really being honest and we do have a lot in common as football clubs/supporters. They had an off day today and didn't get going, but they have a good foundation to build from for next season if they don't go up through the play-offs.

Having said that, there are a few funny ones regardless:

"Actually think this will be an easier game than Huddersfield as the way they are set up should suit us, although their wide players Knockheart and March are a big threat. Their front players are no great shakes though and are no better than average championship and if they go up, none of Baldock, Murray or Hemed will cut it in the Prem.

And despite the reviews he gets, Dunk is a liability at times and is easily wound up and slow, need to play McCleary and Grabban up front."

"We are still in this, and had a couple of chances. It's not over. I think we can still do this."

"Annoying as the scoreline is, we aren't being outplayed here."

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Marvellous result to wake up to.
If we can beat the geordies then Hudds will fancy their chances for second place.

Last edited:

I've just landed in Vancouver, (work not pleasure). The flight took off at 5.20pm, so I missed the whole game. But it was so brilliant to get here and see the result. Been watching the videos on FB, and I obviously missed a good one. Lets hope for more of the same on Tuesday. I'll be back for that one!

majnoon

Banned
Oct 25, 2014
many thanks to the person that told me the game was on the radio,it was great, come on you seagulls:albion2:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I keep hearing from pundits and their manager etc that we scored 3 goals on the break. We didn't.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I keep hearing from pundits and their manager etc that we scored 3 goals on the break. We didn't.
Yep, the sky pundits said all three of our goals came from breaking up reading attacks. They clearly were not watching the first as it was from sustained pressure from us.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yep, the sky pundits said all three of our goals came from breaking up reading attacks. They clearly were not watching the first as it was from sustained pressure from us.
Jaap Stam said the same. It came 15 seconds after our goal kick, with all Reading players back.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Jaap Stam said the same. It came 15 seconds after our goal kick, with all Reading players back.

Exactly. And then they had to push forward which ruined their only plan and meant we COULD hit them on the break.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
We looked in total control throughout the game they reminded me so much of the tippy tappy get no where football we played under Poyet that got us no where.

Thought the atmosphere was one of the best this season, I am still buzzing today and the confidence that oozes through the squad filters through to the crowed. We fear no one and Newcastle will be dreading coming here on Tuesday night.....

We're on way...

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
We looked in total control throughout the game they reminded me so much of the tippy tappy get no where football we played under Poyet that got us no where.

Thought the atmosphere was one of the best this season, I am still buzzing today and the confidence that oozes through the squad filters through to the crowed. We fear no one and Newcastle will be dreading coming here on Tuesday night.....

We're on way...

Totally agree, they had maybe 3 decent chances to score all game, I'm not counting the couple of free-kicks they had just outside the box that were just hit straight into the wall. We scored 3, Baldock hit the post, Murray had one offside I think, and Knocky should have scored 1 in each half, and that's just off the top of my head, there were other chances too. How anyone could honestly say we weren't in control of the match is, quite frankly deluded

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here