Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Queens Park Rangers *** Official Match Thread ***

Jimmy Grimble

It was just over 1500

The Rattler

NSC Patron
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
Enjoyed that! Managed to avoid any details of the game until 7pm tonight and just watched it "as live".

We're top of the league...!!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
According to sky QPR have appealed against the red card.
It felt harsh, but it wasn't exactly wrong. Was it a foul - maybe. Was he the last man - yep. Did he stop a goal-scoring opportunity - yep.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
PS - Has anyone mentioned that's Sam's goal was a ****ing peach?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Was it harsh like a cold, late December, wind off the sea? Yes.
They're not going to overturn a bit of cold wind are they? Actually, this is the FA we're talking about here, they could dock us 3 points.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
They're not going to overturn a bit of cold wind are they? Actually, this is the FA we're talking about here, they could dock us 3 points.

Usually I would think QPR have no chance of overturning it but given they overturned both Newcastle red cards at Forest, maybe they will. I do wonder sometimes if they just roll a dice (probably with a lot more options for no than yes) and Newcastle happened to get lucky twice recently while Stephens and Murphy were both unlucky. It's hard to believe it's based on watching the incident judging by some of the decisions they make.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Usually I would think QPR have no chance of overturning it but given they overturned both Newcastle red cards at Forest, maybe they will. I do wonder sometimes if they just roll a dice (probably with a lot more options for no than yes) and Newcastle happened to get lucky twice recently while Stephens and Murphy were both unlucky. It's hard to believe it's based on watching the incident judging by some of the decisions they make.
It completely defies belief. Murphy fell over, Stephens got kicked. The FA are as bad as FIFA.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
It completely defies belief. Murphy fell over, Stephens got kicked. The FA are as bad as FIFA.

Exactly. Similarly Vardy was pushed into the tackle against Stoke recently and it wasn't really two footed yet they reject his appeal too. I would be interested to know who is on that committee and whether they have ever watched football before.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Having had vast experience of sitting on County FA disciplinary hearings I can assure you that the vast majority believe the ref deemed it correct at the time so we must agree with his decision. I was often in the wrong
because I didnt share that view or thinking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here