Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle United *** Official Match Thread ***

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sky now reporting that the lead at the top will change hands again if Newcastle get at least a draw. Hmmm.
So the FA have changed the rules? Surely we should appeal to the court of arbitration for sport?

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Let's absolutely wind Shelvey up. He's quality in our league, can run a midfield, involved in both their goals on Saturday and both against us (scoring 1) and he's their talisman. He's also an aggressive, thick, arrogant git to put it nicely. If we're on top he'll get wound up. Shame we don't have El Abd! I know we're good enough without all that but remember him going in hard on Knockhart and giving him stick so can't let that happen again.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Just got back in to Brighton and lots of 'Toon, toon, black and white army' being sung, please can we retort with 'Bloom, Bloom, blue and white army' :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just got back in to Brighton and lots of 'Toon, toon, black and white army' being sung, please can we retort with 'Bloom, Bloom, blue and white army' :)
Sure, go ahead.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Me and the lad just finishing a pizza, then heading over to the Amex. Can't wait, yet been nervous all day. Keep on seeing the post-match headlines in my imagination...some good, some bad. Let's hope it's the former... Enjoy the match, everyone!

Balders

Aug 19, 2013
This is from the Racing Post betting preview.............have I missed a new signing:

"The midfield axis of Steve Sidwell and Jack Stephens is functioning so smoothly that Beram Kayal and Oliver Norwood cannot regain the places they held in the earlier part of the campaign."

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Stuck on the A27 in standstill traffic. Just off Mill Hill! Never seen it tailback this far.

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona
Let's absolutely wind Shelvey up. He's quality in our league, can run a midfield, involved in both their goals on Saturday and both against us (scoring 1) and he's their talisman. He's also an aggressive, thick, arrogant git to put it nicely. If we're on top he'll get wound up. Shame we don't have El Abd! I know we're good enough without all that but remember him going in hard on Knockhart and giving him stick so can't let that happen again.

All over this, Shelvey is such a key player for them. If he's off his game then we can do well.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Fresh from the banks of the Severn. Arrived at the pub having checked at lunchtime that the match would be on. They set aside a table in front of the biggest screen so I've ordered a steak and my first pint. Taxi booked for 11pm

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Fresh from the banks of the Severn. Arrived at the pub having checked at lunchtime that the match would be on. They set aside a table in front of the biggest screen so I've ordered a steak and my first pint. Taxi booked for 11pm

Enjoy it fella. I've just treated myself to a bottle of wine (first for three years) and backed up with some IPA. Now serving up some tagliatelle with chicken curry.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
BHAFC ⚽️‏Verified account @OfficialBHAFC 5s6 seconds ago

#BHAFC team v #NUFC: Stockdale; Bruno, Duffy, Dunk, Pocognoli; Knockaert, Stephens, Sidwell, Murphy; Baldock, Murray. #BHAvNUFC

confirmed Gayle not playing for Toon.

e:

BHAFC ⚽️‏Verified account @OfficialBHAFC 47s48 seconds ago

#BHAFC subs v #NUFC: Walton (GK), Huenemeier, Tomori, Kayal, March, Hemed, Akpom. #BHAvNUFC

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Enjoy it fella. I've just treated myself to a bottle of wine (first for three years) and backed up with some IPA. Now serving up some tagliatelle with chicken curry.

Let's hope we are a good omen. The kids volunteered to look after Mrs SG so I could watch in peace. If we win tonight I will try to con them into doing it for every TV game :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here