Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brighton & Hove Albion Vs Nantes Friendly (03.08.18)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I took the wife and two kids tonight and a good time was had by all.

An encouraging performance, you can see there's real competition for places.

I'm concerned about the strikers though as Glenn is beginning to creek at the seams while Andone and Locadia have missed pre-season.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I took the wife and two kids tonight and a good time was had by all.

An encouraging performance, you can see there's real competition for places.

I'm concerned about the strikers though as Glenn is beginning to creek at the seams while Andone and Locadia have missed pre-season.

Spot on. I don’t think Murray is really up to PL football, least not as a regular starter. We got away with it last season, def need more firepower up front.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
DSCF2362.jpg
What has Knocky done to his hair!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Knocky kicked the ball at a lady/child in the front row of B block ESL by accident, and was apologising profusely. The linesman went over to see if they were ok too.
After the game, Knocky came over to apologise again and gave his shirt to the person.

I wondered what all that was about. Watching the stream, at the end of the match the linesman seemed to be having a fairly animated conversation with Knocky and gesticulating over in the direction of the North-East corner area. I stopped watching then, but presumably Knocky then went over and handed over his shirt?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I wondered what all that was about. Watching the stream, at the end of the match the linesman seemed to be having a fairly animated conversation with Knocky and gesticulating over in the direction of the North-East corner area. I stopped watching then, but presumably Knocky then went over and handed over his shirt?

Yes, and got lots of applause from the surrounding fans. He had already done lots of apologies, and blowing kisses when it happened. He was really sorry.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nicely worked goal. AK playing well and trying very hard. Rest a bit ponderous.

Stand out moment for me was Knocky, just before he was subbed, running down the wing and jinking left and right to beat his man and then laying in a wonderful cross. Hemed was the only Brighton player in the box and the ball was a little too high for him. Stephens on the edge of the box then berated Knocky, presumably for not pulling the ball back. Why the **** didn’t Stephens and other players on the edge of the box make the effort to actually get into the box and try and get on the end of the cross instead of standing still on the edge of it the box? We really do need to start attacking the ball in the box more and not rely on the ball being passed back whilst the defence get lined up.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
A useful runout and win very hot I would not have wanted to play in that heat and humidity thought we broke forward well but without always getting the numbers in the box,don't think Solly looked comfortable he and Gross had words a couple of times apart from that it was ok, next week it starts for real

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Stand out moment for me was Knocky, just before he was subbed, running down the wing and jinking left and right to beat his man and then laying in a wonderful cross. Hemed was the only Brighton player in the box and the ball was a little too high for him. Stephens on the edge of the box then berated Knocky, presumably for not pulling the ball back. Why the **** didn’t Stephens and other players on the edge of the box make the effort to actually get into the box and try and get on the end of the cross instead of standing still on the edge of it the box? We really do need to start attacking the ball in the box more and not rely on the ball being passed back whilst the defence get lined up.

:thumbsup:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Good shout. Can see Bissouma doing this more

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Have only watched the second half but Bernardo looks a significant upgrade on Bong. So composed on the ball

Went to the Amex to watch the match and thought Bernando looked great and as if he'd played with the team all of last season. Seems to have slotted straight in.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hmmm bit worrying

Alireza looks slow. Bissoma has potential but is very young. Bernardo probably about as good as bong. And most of our strikers injured.

We were especially poor when subs made

Think we are in for a tough start .....
Oh it's you.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Well after that I reckon I'm match fit for Watford, although could have done with another Amex friendly as still a little rusty on the post match routine.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Went to the Amex to watch the match and thought Bernando looked great and as if he'd played with the team all of last season. Seems to have slotted straight in.

In the opening 15 minutes I thought he believed he was playing for Manchester City. Whenever we were attacking he moved into centre midfield rather than staying wide and offering width. Thankfully someone must of had a word for him, and he kept his position better for the remainder of the match.

Looks an improvement on Bong from tonight

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Bernardo looked good
We lost our shape and defensive discipline as soon as two other subs came on - one new player to added at a time I suspect
Hemed played well too
Good to see a different mix of fans in WSL to normal - loads of families and non ST holders there

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So a year on and 2 big money striker signings later we’re left in exactly the same position as the start of last season with Hemed our only fit striker! [emoji23]

Hopefully Locadia and Andone will both be available for at least the bench next week. Watford is not the worst game to have first to hopefully ease players in to.
I'd rather away to City or Liverpool where we expect to get nothing anyway. We want a result against Watford, and having to go with injured strikers would be a shitter.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
It wasnt free it needed a Seaguls TV subscription. If they werent going to show it dont sell the subscriptions on the basis that they are.

I don’t have a seagulls tv subscription, but the club wouldn’t mislead you on what they offered in their services. Nantes had their own reasons for broadcasting the match online, Brighton might have felt what they offered was enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here