Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Middlesbrough *** Official Match Day Thread ***

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
I am a firm believer in stability; we've changed our manager far too often recently, which is partly the reason why we're in the smelly stuff now, so I don't think it's time to sack Sami.

If we were to go down the sacking route, though, I wouldn't risk Calde (great man though he is!) and Jones - I'd go straight for Pulis.

Hell no, not Pulis.

Boring git, no attacking flair whatsoever.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I am a firm believer in stability; we've changed our manager far too often recently, which is partly the reason why we're in the smelly stuff now, so I don't think it's time to sack Sami.

If we were to go down the sacking route, though, I wouldn't risk Calde (great man though he is!) and Jones - I'd go straight for Pulis.
Pulis is a terrific manager, he'll get a PL job. Can't see him wanting to manage under such strict financial restraints as we have here either.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Samarah ripping into the team, manager and board on the phone in.

Fair enough.

And he's not wrong.

More than a few on here raised some eyebrows after our transfer dealings. It was obvious we've been left with a weaker squad and, crucially, a well below par forward line up for this level. There's no leaders in the team or midfield generals and the system we play all too often leaves us exposed at the back. Add to that a manager with no experience in this league so perhaps lacking the experience to dig us out of a hole by grinding out results and it's not a pretty picture. :(

As I keep reluctantly saying, it's going to be a long hard season unless we get some quality in in January.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
That was our best performance in the last 10 years. We will definatley win the World Cup in Qatar.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
That was quite simply inept. Beginning to climb off the fence to say bye to Hyypia. Formation and style is horrible

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
Shocking! If we don't get at least a win out of Huddersfield and Rotherham then I really will be concerned.....!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Another Stockdale error according to the commentator.

I thought he should have done better to justify his wages. Just the type of shot that he should have pushed clear if he was any good. Marshall showed him how to do it a half a dozen times the game before.

Overall, not as bad as England against Estonia but running it close and the result was worse.

I expect there is a bigger meltdown in Sunderland!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I have just trawled through the match reports on the club site and it seems that the last time one of our strikers scored in a league match was 23rd August in the win over Bolton.

So there we have it. No goals from our attackers for pretty much two months. I thought that losing Ulloa would hurt. I had no idea that it would hurt so much.

I am edging closer to the realm of the damp beds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here