Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

Redinpeace

Apr 27, 2023
giphy.gif

Lovely stuff, me being fond of BHA for ……… nearly a full week, that was a perfect ending, never thought I’d live in a world where I’d want a result to benefit Liverpoo……it’s like yer doctor giving you the choice between haemorrhoids or genital warts choosing between the scousers and Utd …..

FYI I took the warts.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
United seem to have worked out how to stifle our midfield triangles. Yesterday, we found alternative routes that we didn't at Wembley. What was it that they are doing that made it so hard to pass into the double pivot with any level of confidence yesterday? Esp in the first half.

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
United seem to have worked out how to stifle our midfield triangles. Yesterday, we found alternative routes that we didn't at Wembley. What was it that they are doing that made it so hard to pass into the double pivot with any level of confidence yesterday? Esp in the first half.
Don't know but I suppose it's inevitable that teams are going to suss out how to thwart us to a certain extant. However I have faith that the genius that is De Zerbi will be able to think of something to counter this.

Pundits have been saying that Brighton's brand of football is going to effect the way the game is played. Something about the "football meta", whatever that is.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Pundits have been saying that Brighton's brand of football is going to effect the way the game is played. Something about the "football meta", whatever that is.

In gaming, game developers create characters/items with various strengths and weakness, and they can adjust those to improve or worsen a character/item. When one character or weapon is improved too much, everyone uses it, and the character/item it's called meta, because if you look at the metadata for the game, you'll see everyone using it to win.

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
What a great night at the Amex … I don’t get there as often as I’d like- sat in my hotel room now, heading home 4 hours on the train soon. So worth it ! Not just for the amazing result but to see the whole match - a so called big6 team sat deep pinned back, hitting us on the break and diving and chopping us down because we are simply That Good.

I’d be embarrassed if I was a Utd fan

Back here on Monday with junior 👍👍

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
They were in a sort of Christmas tree shape that didn't move too much and it made our passing difficult. That said I think the biggest contributor was no Caicedo there. We immediately looked more comfortable when he went back there.

That's no criticism of Mac (who was immense in a number of ways) and Gilmour (who's growing on me but I think prefers to face forwards). But Caicedo is the king of that nerveless wall pass and turn with his back to the opposition.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Admittedly it's probably not The Times headline writer's finest work.

But just like last night, we'll happily take 3.

back pages1.jpg

back pages2.jpg

Last edited:

Bigtk

Nov 20, 2005
Absolute wankathon tonight.

Sky sports doing the same post game. According to the wife they were wetting themselves about Man U during the game but all over us like a cheap suit after. That’s very slutty

Anyway back to my own personal wankathon.
You're wife is talking bollocks, they were all over us all game, at half time they were basically just complimenting us and ignoring United.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
This is a bit naughty but who cares people deserve to see. Post game sky. Pop ups and second link Buffers a bit but so enjoyable.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022

Hilarious viewing from UTD fans..

At least two of them used the “getting a PS5 for Xmas and the box is empty” gag. Does that happen a lot in the Home Counties? Or is this their parents paying them back for their poor (team-supporting) choices in life?

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
At least two of them used the “getting a PS5 for Xmas and the box is empty” gag. Does that happen a lot in the Home Counties? Or is this their parents paying them back for their poor (team-supporting) choices in life?
I can believe that man u fans are unpleasant enough people to pull that on their own children, then find it funny and want to talk about it on the Internet.

May 2, 2023
Well, I just want to say that you have a f***ing good side, a lovely city and pleasant fans.

You have a bit of a thing about our fans not being from Manchester, mind, which I can kind of understand, but I must say that our out of towners who go are some of the most loyal fans in football.

It's a 30 minute journey for me on the tram to OT, but I am somehow more worthy cos of my accent (this was a comment I received last night)?

Still gutted but all the best for the future. We should have got a point but you pushed for it in the 2nd half and got your reward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here