Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester City *** Official Match Thread ***

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I'm not crying you're crying
I was genuinely teary at end. First looking at Mac as he clapped on his own. I'll be gutted if that's the last time I see him for us.

And then suddenly realised that's the last game of the season for me.

Definitely hobbling after the match. Not sure it was helped by Wellbeck centrifugal spinning him on his shoulders in front of the North stand!
Indeed - and other players jumping all over him! Suspect it’s not going to keep him out of Villa

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Apparently, the word seagull is a misnomer. A gull is by definition a sea bird, so we should just call them gulls, not seagulls.
Just thought it was important to mention that now that Brighton are about to go mega, so that we can amend that error before it's too late.
It's too late.

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
Hear me out, lets bottle it against Villa to keep Spurs out of Europe.....

With Kane gone, they wouldn't even make it out of the qualifying rounds. That'd be good for a schadenfreudian laugh...

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Not very often when a draw feels like a win. I know not much to play for from a City perspective but honestly was just so enjoyable to watch- a performance worthy of a Europa League qualifying side.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Not very often when a draw feels like a win. I know not much to play for from a City perspective but honestly was just so enjoyable to watch- a performance worthy of a Champions League qualifying side.
Edited for you, but I'll certainly take Europa League 😬

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
First of all, Van Hecke, take a bow son. What a performance keeping the Viking in check, superb.
That goal from Enciso, not going to see many better than that, absolute peach.
The whole team were magnificent tonight, shame we couldn't sneak a winner as I thought we deserved it.
One of the most enjoyable matches I've seen, thoroughly entertaining from start to finish and I think we created a decent atmosphere so well done all.
City fans were shite, barely heard a peep all game.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Funny in the train queue after the match when a pair of gobby Citeh twats in their 20s started mouthing-off with homophobic abuse only to find out they were standing behind a hard-as-nails Albion geezer in his 40s who calmly told them: "Listen, I'm not asking you to shut-up, I'm TELLING you to shut-up". The two Citeh heroes nearly shat themselves...

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
First of all, Van Hecke, take a bow son. What a performance keeping the Viking in check, superb.
That goal from Enciso, not going to see many better than that, absolute peach.
The whole team were magnificent tonight, shame we couldn't sneak a winner as I thought we deserved it.
One of the most enjoyable matches I've seen, thoroughly entertaining from start to finish and I think we created a decent atmosphere so well done all.
City fans were shite, barely heard a peep all game.
Yep - everything about the evening was just brilliant. And so nice to just enjoy a game without the stress of needing a win, too. What a night. What an atmosphere. What a goal! Just a joy to be there.

As for city fans, yep absolute shit considering they were away fans and the situation they're in. Atmosphere always dire at the Etihad too. Have they always been so shit!?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here