Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Luton Town *** Official Match Thread ***

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
So many options up front the ability to unlock a defence. Enjoyed Dahood, but he's no Caicedo (who the hell is?). And I think we still need the left footed CB. Staring with Milner/Gross as RB also shows we need a starting player there too. Window still open and a lovely start with some very young players getting on the score sheet.

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
I hope Luton find it almost this hard all season. Would love to see them back down with a record low points total.
Last place may well belong to Sheffield United. Palace dominated them as much as we did Luton.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Decent start but very shaky it felt like. Need to improve a lot quickly. Too many balls turned over cheaply in the midfield. I am not sure that performance would have us winning against teams capable of finishing mid-table and up.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Great result and great for the confidence all ready. This could easily have been a slip up… first game of the season. I think mid season we would have been more confident of the win but the first game with us being cold and them buzzing to be in the prem… happy days.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Decent start but very shaky it felt like. Need to improve a lot quickly. Too many balls turned over cheaply in the midfield. I am not sure that performance would have us winning against teams capable of finishing mid-table and up.
We did seem to lose most of the 1v1s in the middle. But I put that down to Luton being extra-keen in their first game.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
We did seem to lose most of the 1v1s in the middle. But I put that down to Luton being extra-keen in their first game.
Maybe you are right but it is a little concerning. If it isn't we look like we could overrun in the middle this year. We do look small and lacking in physicality there currently.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Yeah you can see the quality of Dahoud. Lovely passer of the ball.
Will look ever better with a DM next to him.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Nice easy win, didn't really have to get out of second gear.

JPvH had a good game, Milner gave us that steel we needed and Mitoma made the first two.

Lots of gobby Luton teenagers in the train queue, West Street will be interesting tonight.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Yeah you can see the quality of Dahoud. Lovely passer of the ball.
Will look ever better with a DM next to him.
Definitely a good player in there, lovely technical ability, but it will take time for him to get used to the way we play. CM in our system is extremely tactical.

From the prematch presser, RDZ clearly rates him very highly, but expects him to need time to settle in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here