Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Luton Town *** Official Match Thread ***

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
First time I’ve been able to get to the first match of the season in years. What a joyous performance, and what a weak pen awarded against us.

My daughter and son with me for the first time. My daughter is a convert, an amazing day. UTA
Just imagine if we'd had our shooting boots on!

A warm welcome to the Albion for your kids and well done for the indoctrination effort

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I’d keep quiet about that. If he sold it on StubHub, he’s touting.
Keep quiet about what ?

All my son did was put it on the exchange to sell as he couldn't go

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Mine sold on the exchange as I'm away for business, managed to catch the game, it's early morning here. I thought Luton played well to begin with, they had a plan, it didn't involve the ball much but when they had it, they weren't afraid to come forward. Quality and fitness shone through in the end, shame about the week penalty decision but a very good first game. Top of the league. Up the Albion

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
If only the Luton defence was as good as the workers keeping everyone out at Brighton station then they’d have won.

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
Nice start to the season, and thought Joao Pedro and Milner had particularly good games, but on the whole, apart from a bit of initial rustiness we showed our class.

Interesting to see the new internal signage with the changed name of the Amex - over the tunnel, on the newish TV studio bit, and above the East Stand were new signage for American Express Stadium. The one above the East was particularly nice. I've got a couple of poor quality phone pics if anyone is interested in seeing them.
Yes please.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Bit mean. Happy to take 6 points off them but whatever they done to upset you? BTW I was born there but luckily my parents moved to Brighton when I was 1
Did you go with them (y)

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Yes please.
IMG_20230812_145855509_HDR-01.jpeg
IMG_20230812_150116117_HDR-01.jpeg

Sorry this one is SUCH poor quality!

Last edited:

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Are we ‘Game of the Day’ on sky? Can’t see why not…

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Roberto De Zerbi

"I think we played well. In the first half we could move the ball faster. The first half was important to prepare the second half. We had a lot of chances to score in both halves. We have to improve to score more goals, especially for the attackers. They threatened from set pieces but for the rest I think we played well in defensive phase. If you ask me if it was one of the best games in my time I say no. We have lost three important players and we need to reach the same level. It is normal first game is difficult."

"Joao Pedro can play striker, can play winger, midfielder. He needs to improve his mentality to score goals. If he can score three goals in a game he needs to take them."

"We are building a stronger squad. We will play 60 games this season and we have to be ready to play every three days. It will not be a clear first XI. The most important thing is that all players feel inside of our idea and target."

On Moises Caicedo:

"He wants to leave. If Moises wants to leave then it is not on my focus. My focus is on my players and my work. What I can improve. If we win the next game, we will start very strong."

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Keep quiet about what ?

All my son did was put it on the exchange to sell as he couldn't go
Via the club website though? StubHub is an external ticket seller.

If you’re saying he listed it through the club, but the Luton fan bought it from StubHub, then I suppose someone purchased it, then touted it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You don't go via StubHub to use the exchange ??? The exchange is the official route ... anything else isn't!
Which if you could read is what my son did. He listed the ticket on the ticket exchange however the Luton fan purchased via stubhub or so he claimed

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Via the club website though? StubHub is an external ticket seller.

If you’re saying he listed it through the club, but the Luton fan bought it from StubHub, then I suppose someone purchased it, then touted it.
Exactly my assumption

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here