[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
We'd better get a wriggle on here due to other commitments.

Not sitting in our ST seats so a slightly different match day experience beckons.

They will want revenge and we have to rise above Moise's situation. f*** you, his agent. Right up the arse.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I have a distinct lack of enthusiasm for this game at the moment with all that’s going on. Hopefully that will change once I’m there
THats what I was thinking . . . The game the other week was amazing and I instantly got a ticket for today . . .but its all been a bit depressing this week, starting to feel like the bullies are ripping our guts out.

I'm sure a brisk ride to Falmer on a Blue and white Italian shopping bike will help elevate the enthusiasm.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Full house with 4500 away fans making some noise. The whole EPL big boys thing really has put a dampner on my mojo right now. But a rare opportunity to take Granddaughter who really enjoys her day out. Down the front so she will be screaming for us.

Jimmy Grimble

It’s a reversal in terms of injuries/missing key players. In the league they were missing Nunez and Van Dyjk, now we’re missing Colwill, Lallana and Caicedo. It doesn’t bode well.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
THats what I was thinking . . . The game the other week was amazing and I instantly got a ticket for today . . .but its all been a bit depressing this week, starting to feel like the bullies are ripping our guts out.

I'm sure a brisk ride to Falmer on a Blue and white Italian shopping bike will help elevate the enthusiasm.
The drive there and back in an Italian car is currently more appealing than the game to me :lolol:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It’s a reversal in terms of injuries/missing key players. In the league they were missing Nunez and Van Dyjk, now we’re missing Colwill, Lallana and Caicedo. It doesn’t bode well.
Not really. They still have shed loads of injuries, more than us. Plus vvd still out.

Everyone feeling negative but Liverpool are still trash at the moment

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Hoping the boys rise above the Trossard/Caicedo shenanigans and make a big statement here. I can imagine Dunky, Gross and a few others being really up for this game. Here's hoping.
Same here. I hope they use it as motivation. 8 don't think players trying to enjoy their season focus like being fùcked around either.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022

I understand the sentiment, but I think it's for everyone attending to come out fighting. I'm expecting half the stadium to be liverpool fans as it is!

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Fun fact

Neil Swarbrick was the VAR in the first ever English domestic football match to have a VAR.

B11EDF33-40E4-4FAB-A263-04F0371CC368.jpeg

As much as I hate VAR, I do like this as a quiz question as the answer to ‘Who scored the first goal referred to VAR in English football and who was it against?’ Will always be Glenn Murray for Brighton against Crystal Palace.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The pessimist in me says this is Liverpool all day long. They'll have come up with a strategy after last time and we're missing the players who are key to ours.

The optimist says RDZ will take the negative energy of the last few days and use it to turbo charge the 11 starters, whoever they are, finishing with the Italian for "lads, it's Liverpool" before we go out and smash it.

We'll see which bit of me was right at about half three.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Feeling distinctly meh about today. Sore throat, snotty nose and a lack of sleep on top of all the Trossard and Caicedo bollocks has my mojo feeling a bit deflated.
Hopefully a few sherbets will lift the spirits and the team put in another stellar performance.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The pessimist in me says this is Liverpool all day long. They'll have come up with a strategy after last time and we're missing the players who are key to ours.

The optimist says RDZ will take the negative energy of the last few days and use it to turbo charge the 11 starters, whoever they are, finishing with the Italian for "lads, it's Liverpool" before we go out and smash it.

We'll see which bit of me was right at about half three.
If RDZ is as pissed off as most of us are he could well motivate the players to come out firing on all cylinders, we do need to do our bit as well. A good start and it could be a fantastic day.

Not thinking of the alternative scenario.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Same. The whole Caicedo thing has really put a dampener on it for me, and I was really hoping we might have a proper go at the cup this year. Ho hum.
Agree. If players read NSC, this is how you can completely kill the mood by your actions. So thanks a lot MC, a real class act on the pitch. Less so off it. As always, not that you want away, it’s all about how you go about. Not the first, sadly definitely won’t be the last.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Full house with 4500 away fans making some noise. The whole EPL big boys thing really has put a dampner on my mojo right now. But a rare opportunity to take Granddaughter who really enjoys her day out. Down the front so she will be screaming for us.
Excelling family upbringing, to be congratulated - especially when all the plastic ‘scousers’ break cover in the home stands.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports