Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool *** Official Match Thread ***

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Had the joy of watching with the BT eejits td. I think it’s quite hard to pick our best team at the moment. Welbeck prob came closest to scoring but when he’s started it hasn’t usually worked. Trossard was largely a passenger. At the back I thought Dunky was much better td and we all long for Webbo’s return. Tbf I thought the back 4 as a whole did well enough against top class forwards. The right midfield mix is particularly baffling now although I think there is more chance of something positive when Mac is playing. I too hope for Caicedo, Sarmiento and Mwepu sooner rather than later. I’m assuming Moder might get another go v Spurs.
Keep the faith though - we go again - UTA

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just showed how far we have gone backwards since our game at anfield.

Trossard is a complete waste of space.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
It is not just today but the whole run of form that is worrying. What has happened? Good players don’t become bad players overnight for no reason. It is easy to look at the loss of Dan Burn but surely that is too simple......I cannot see the loss of one player having such an effect on the squad.
One would have to be behind the scenes in the dressing room to know. But it is up to Mr P to use the two weeks after Spurs to sort it out.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Very little pace up front. 2 on 2 at our end we get creamed. 2 on 2 at their end we pass back to Sanchez

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It is not just today but the whole run of form that is worrying. What has happened? Good players don’t become bad players overnight for no reason. It is easy to look at the loss of Dan Burn but surely that is too simple......I cannot see the loss of one player having such an effect on the squad.
One would have to be behind the scenes in the dressing room to know. But it is up to Mr P to use the two weeks after Spurs to sort it out.
It’s been coming since the summer some of us watched in disbelief as no new attacking players came through the door, to be fair it looked like the last piece of the jigsaw someone who could convert more often than our current crop. We then won a few games and the I told you so’s came on here in full voice telling the rest how entitled we were to expect Tony to buy some attacking additions. A strange word ‘entitled’ in football fan terms
Millions of pounds spent by fans to watch ten home goals three wins and now a team that can’t be arsed feels more like getting short changed than entitled.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Sanchez error & an unfortunate handball today. Other than that we were alright (even if we weren't likely to score)

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Solly looked much better 2nd half playing wide left. Playing him on the right wing for the first half just didn’t work. Thought Maupay and Mac Allister looked good. 4 at the back really doesn’t seem to work, Lamptey and Cucurella are wasted as simple fullbacks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Pretty regulation defeat against a team with superior players all over the pitch. If you play badly against these teams you get beat 5 or 6. If you play at the top of your game you get a result that goes into folklore and you celebrate wildly. This was just an expected result with neither teams hitting top form. Better players = win.

Gonna be a tough couple of weeks. Not expecting anything. After that I'd like to see Caicedo get some time to get ready for replacing Biss. Like to see Sarmiento get some time instead of Tross. Bring Mwepu back up to speed. And hope that Webster comes back and stays fit. Think we only need 3 more points to be safe, so look to the next generation.

Nailed it.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
We went expecting little in terms of a result but thought it would be a decent game. They came to 'play' so it was a better watch than the two recent games.

As often the case, a goal against the run of play. Liverpool deserved the three points ultimately, no argument there.

Liverpool ought have scored more than two. They break out of nowhere with people running into space and left us in the shit a few times.

Our 'chess' game doesn't really cut it. We need to evolve it. I think we are trying. We seemed to put more balls into the danger zone today.

No clear MOTM for me, but nobody let themselves down. Dunk was better and Bissy angry. Good. I hope the HT sub was tactical as it means Alzate was not injured. I did not think he deserved to go off. Same that went tits up.

I like the Liverpool fans having songs rather than be chant heavy. Sounded good.

The ref was a kunnt.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We went expecting little in terms of a result but thought it would be a decent game. They came to 'play' so it was a better watch than the two recent games.

As often the case, a goal against the run of play. Liverpool deserved the three points ultimately, no argument there.

Liverpool ought have scored more than two. They break out of nowhere with people running into space and left us in the shit a few times.

Our 'chess' game doesn't really cut it. We need to evolve it. I think we are trying. We seemed to put more balls into the danger zone today.

No clear MOTM for me, but nobody let themselves down. Dunk was better and Bissy angry. Good. I hope the HT sub was tactical as it means Alzate was not injured. I did not think he deserved to go off. Same that went tits up.

I like the Liverpool fans having songs rather than be chant heavy. Sounded good.

The ref was a kunnt.

Nobody let themselves down? Do you seriously thing Trossard and March had good games?

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
MOM Danny Welbeck always on the front foot just missed the team mates around him thinking and passing quicker. Missed Modar big time. Unless injured taking Boss off huge mistake Scouce came down the middle after so easily. Train back to London full of scouce and I have to say quite a respectful bunch in my carriage none of the big head kn0bs Chelsea had. I would much prefer they won the league than Man C

All the tippy tappy football passing it countless times around the back has to stop when we are trailing it frustrates fans and achieves nothing. The analyst person for the club must be doing a shockingly poor job to not point this out or GP is stuck and incapable of playing a different style. Either way its too predictable. Look at fist 5 mins as soon as we play it quick forward Scouce were in trouble.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
Did anyone else see the lino on the East side checking his phone during the second half?

A couple of times I thought that Solly was running off-side but the lino was about 20 yards behind the play.

Absolute joke.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
It seems to be that all the players talked up to be world beaters would now struggle to shine in League 1. We have Trossard Lite who has struggled for a while to shine and Bissouma who plays like he is off already. With these two so out of form no wonder we are having a bad run.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here