Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool *** Official Match Thread ***

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Yes, the ref and the lino came in for a bit of singing... "one nil..... to the ref-er-ee" was sung with some gusto.

Took the Father in Law today and he pissed himself at the "live round the corner... you only live round the corner" chant.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes, the ref and the lino came in for a bit of singing... "one nil..... to the ref-er-ee" was sung with some gusto.

Took the Father in Law today and he pissed himself at the "live round the corner... you only live round the corner" chant.

I liked that old chestnut: “The referee’s an anchor”. With everyone adopting an Eastenders accent.

Back in the day, to the tune of Bread of Heaven, this was dealt with by: “Referee, referee, your old lady is a whore. Your old lady, is a whore”.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
You obviously didn't go because Button pulled off at least one good save

Button pulled a good save against Salah, but I remember thinking he did not really have much to do.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I have to say the game wasn't exactly electrifying to watch (yes, I was there) - but it was simply a very competent display of containing a team without looking like we were defending for our lives for 90 minutes.

Strange atmosphere at the Amex today. Thought the scousers sang up well (when they did, which wasn't often), and we were pretty quiet. It won't be a game I'll remember for years to come, but it wasn't one I'll chose to forget. We didn't get tonked, and we put in a proper shift. I can't say any more right now..

Not so much containing, as our forward line was not good enough. Fabinho played like Lawrenson in his heyday and looked very much the part.

Shaqiri is a long way short of being Couthinho.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm deluded. I think we could have had a point out of that.

I thought we might, during the game, but we never looked like getting an equaliser so where would the point have come from?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here