Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Hull City **** Official Match Thread ****

Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Lawrenson says that we'll win 2-0. That's a worry.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/14/brighton-hull-city-squad-sheets

Brighton-v-Hull-City-001.jpg

Guardian think we're both going full teams.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I'm not a fan of three centrebacks with two wingbacks at all. If we do load the wings with pace - I expect Buckley and KLL to start, but Rodriguez and March are both quick too - we could cause them all kinds of problems if the wingback is out of position when we win the ball and attack

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Calamitous thread.
Well loose!

Will we scrape 20K tonight?
Bad fan me missing my first game of the season. Combination of weather and travel problems; tv and the benefits of saving £70+ on petrol - oh yeah....and giving the pleasures of 11pm stuck in Bennetts Field with a four hour drve still ahead a swerve :lolol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
nothing to do with the players then?
Eh? Players have nothing to do with it, match results are determined by who starts the official match thread, when they start it, and the detail contained within. perseus, day before the match, a ****ing poll! We've lost already.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Calamitous thread.
Well loose!

Will we scrape 20K tonight?
Bad fan me missing my first game of the season. Combination of weather and travel problems; tv and the benefits of saving £70+ on petrol - oh yeah....and giving the pleasures of 11pm stuck in Bennetts Field with a four hour drve still ahead a swerve :lolol:

im working til 7 ish,so decided to give this a miss,i have however lumped on a hull win at just under 3/1,win win either way

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Saturday 25th Jan 1986 FA Cup Rd 4 - Hull 2 - 3 Brighton (Saunders, Connor 2)

We then beat Peterborough after a replay and lost to Southampton in round 6.

I still clearly remember the Southampton 0-2 and I have trepidations about it happening again.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I'm not a fan of three centrebacks with two wingbacks at all. If we do load the wings with pace - I expect Buckley and KLL to start, but Rodriguez and March are both quick too - we could cause them all kinds of problems if the wingback is out of position when we win the ball and attack

The five at the back system never quite works out like that. In its pure form it is like playing with an injury. Either one full back goes forward only making four at the back, or five go into midfield stifling the play horribly which makes Bruce's team effective but horrid to watch. We cannot play our new Spaniard on the left. If we play him, it has got to be on the right with Lualua on the left. I would tend to play Lopez or even both Buckley and Lualua.

I think it will be a game like last year or v Sunderland two and a half seasons ago. Both nearly 0-0.

We have to play at least one speed merchant and we only have two: Buckley and Lualua. Stop their wing-backs getting forward. Kemy Agustien must be in with a shout, but because of ther physical presence of Hull I would tend to play Rohan Ince.

Surely, Aluko will play on the left side if Ahmed Elmohamady is on the right?

Then they have the experienced Faye who could come into their defence and he has an old fashioned way of chopping down wingers. It does not look so easy as last year and last year wasn't easy at all.

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I still clearly remember the Southampton 0-2 and I have trepidations about it happening again.

It won't. They're out.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
West Coastway train changes

that hull team looks really strong

Not expected to play their full team. Quinn (their best at the Amex last season) and Koren might very well be played.

West Coastway train changes. I am gonna buy my train ticket early. Forward planning.

Team:

I would keep

17 Ward
38 Ince
03 Greer
20 Upson

and make seven changes to the starting XI.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here