Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Huddersfield Town *** Official Match Thread ***

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
Ugly winning tonight.....first half was ok and was all about the 'dunk to bruno' cross field pass. 2nd half we weren't great, looked liked we hadn't played as a team before. After sat, CH said we needed to be better with the ball, but we gave it away far too many times. We need to cut out those mistakes and it will all be ok......oh, and get some confidence into bong, bong bong, bong, bong....

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
For a side that was top, did anyone else think that Huddersfield showed very little ambition tonight. Their no 10 was a key player and controlled their play and their black player with the blond streaks was very tricksy but when we looked shaky esp in the first 20 mins of the second half they could and should have exploited it better.

I can understand a team like Brentford or Burton coming for a draw but I expected much more from Huddersfield.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
For a side that was top, did anyone else think that Huddersfield showed very little ambition tonight. Their no 10 was a key player and controlled their play and their black player with the blond streaks was very tricksy but when we looked shaky esp in the first 20 mins of the second half they could and should have exploited it better.

I can understand a team like Brentford or Burton coming for a draw but I expected much more from Huddersfield.
Very disappointed in Huddersfield. Very organised but as you say, no ambition. Poor IMO.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We're not playing all that well, we've had a lot of uncertainty with the Stephens saga and failed to get that extra forward player but are still seventh in the table and have played the hardest game of the season already (nufc away).

I'm feeling optimistic again.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Have seen that so often at the Amex, and throw ins taking a lifetime, with arrogant refs turning a blind eye.

I wasn't there this evening, but great to hear that justice was done.

What really annoyed me tonight that Huddersfield were basically wasting time from the moment the match kicked off ,espically their keeper . This went on until we scored and the Ref did very little to stop it . But as soon as we scored the ref suddenly got very strict about time wasting making us hurry every throw in , corner , etc , shame he did not take this view in the first 80 mins of the match

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Their keeper was time wasting all game. Karma. Funny to see him scampering in the last 10.

Their keeper taking an age to do anything for 80 minutes with no repercussions. Stockers takes three seconds to place the ball and is told to hurry up.

Consistency of refereeing remains an utter joke in this division.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I'd be pissed if I was a 'Uuuudersfield fan tonight.

Top of the league and in form I would have thought they'd have put a shift in but seemed happy to just soak up pressure and not much else.

One concern of mine is still where our goals are coming from. Two good chances tonight and it took a scrappy mistake to nab the points. Worrying.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Huddersfield's performance was pathetic. A midtable team at best, they'll be lucky to finish in the top half based on that lack of class.

Mooy in midfield (bald #10) was given time and space but never once played a threatening pass. Their whole team was second best. If they had got their clean sheet they'd have been ecstatic. Very glad they didn't, cynical and boring side.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Terriers should be called Wasps in that outfit. Extremely well organised bunch of insects.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
They have played 4 away games.
Newcastle won 2.1
Villa drew 1.1
Leeds won 1.0
Brighton lost 1.0

So they have played on paper 3 of the toughest teams in the league & a local derby in their first 4 away games.
They have taken 7 pts from those games & have conceded 3 goals.
I would take that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
They have played 4 away games.
Newcastle won 2.1
Villa drew 1.1
Leeds won 1.0
Brighton lost 1.0

So they have played on paper 3 of the toughest teams in the league & a local derby in their first 4 away games.
They have taken 7 pts from those games & have conceded 3 goals.
I would take that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On paper????

Can you explain what your on about mate?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
From behind the goal, when the keeper spilled it, the ball seemed to go in slow motion over the line. I had visions of it stopping just short, but it finally crossed the line to scenes of jubilation & relief combined.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
LOL who would have thought a few years ago we would think a match against BARNSLEY was tough !! Very weird start to the season with outsiders at the top half (Hudderfield have been poor for several seasons, Fulham, Burton, Bristol City and at the bottom, odds on favorites Villa, Cardiff and Derby :eek:

I blame the "Leicester effect"

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

10 Mooy. I also thought 2 Tommy Smith at right back was above average. Huddersfield appeared about as well organised team I have ever seen. However, very inflexible and it seemed to me each player was allocated a zone on the pitch which he was not allowed to go out of*. This made them ultra defensive. Zonal play taken to a new level. Wait for mistakes rather than actually create anything. (*there is a training regime that plays like this.)

I think Huddersfield are like the Albion team of 2011-12

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/brighton-and-hove-albion/2011-2012/table/2011-09-19

Project in progress. Other teams might take a bit of time to work out how to play against them?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here