Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Fulham *** Official Match Thread ***

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
How is it the officials fall for the play acting every single time we play them. Useless officials, wanky opposition, clear red card not given and robbed of 2 points.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I hope Fulham get relegated and their stadium gets torn down. Disgusting cheating diving and time wasting. Horrible club. Pereira should recieve a 10 game ban for his diving antics.
Apart from that, I quite like them.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Good first half, average second half. Fulham were up for it and improved for the 2nd.

We were the better team both halves, all things considered. They took a chance that would have been saved by a better keeper.

Lots of positives. Baleba looking good. Dahoud improving. Webster had a good game.

I daren't count how many goals we've conceded due to not having a decent shot stopper in goal. It's our achilles heel.

Didn't deserve to lose this really. Ref went from showing a blind eye to everything early in the game, to giving soft freekicks near the end. Very inconsistent.

Oh well, a point on the board. But still we should feel very disappointed with this result.

BHA Fan93

Nov 1, 2020
Good first half, average second half. Fulham were up for it and improved for the 2nd.

We were the better team both halves, all things considered. They took a chance that would have been saved by a better keeper.

Lots of positives. Baleba looking good. Dahoud improving. Webster had a good game.

I daren't count how many goals we've conceded due to not having a decent shot stopper in goal. It's our achilles heel.

Didn't deserve to lose this really. Ref went from showing a blind eye to everything early in the game, to giving soft freekicks near the end. Very inconsistent.

Oh well, a point on the board. But still we should be very disappointed with this.
You mention yet again about Steele, but fail to mention he saved us in the final minutes of the game otherwise it would have been 0 points. You are the kind of fan no one wants at their club.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
He's not shocking. Just not quite PL ready. As the poster above said, he could have done with a loan spell.
No, he is shocking, tell me one thing he’s good at on all the evidence of game time we’ve had? Not just today.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
There are a few horrible anti football teams in the Premier League but I think Fulham might be the worst. I thought they’d get relegated when Mitrovic left. Unfortunately they managed to keep Palhinha by holding onto him against his will and they grind out results playing ugly football like they did today.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Yet Verbruggen in his last two Amex games has been directly responsible for goals with his poor passes, important context that fair-minded fans would mention
I don't disagree, he has made mistakes. And as mentioned before, if given the choice of two, I'd take Verbruggen with gloves and Steele with feet, but that option doesn't exist.

BVs mistakes look obvious, but even without a direct mistake which was also the gift of Sanchez before, too often saveable goals are conceded by Steele imho, Marseille away, Man City's first last week when he leans back and falls under ball imho, there's plenty over the last year, where with those fine margins are exposed.
The margins at the elite level are just that, fine, and so far neither look truly at that elite level, but I see more in the keeping ability of VB, and hope in time with a decent run, he'd cut out the passing mistakes or improve in that area. He started for the Dutch national team couple of weeks back.

Where Steele is easily the best with ball at feet, but can he become a better keeper with gloves?

Go down our competitors in the top 10/12 in PL, who would you forfeit if offered a direct swap with Steele?

It's not an attack against the man, or his effort..We are now in the big boys league, top ten PL and I'd we want to stay there, our players will need to be at that level, is our first choice keeper comfortably that level?

If you think so great 👍

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
You mention yet again about Steele, but fail to mention he saved us in the final minutes of the game otherwise it would have been 0 points. You are the kind of fan no one wants at their club.

Are you Jason Steele's mum or something?

It is not a secret that he's exceptional on the ball, but a terrible shot stopper.

It's a niche that is pretty unique - but if he was judged on his shot stopping alone he'd be at a lower Championship club or even lower.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Fatigue, both so important to the way we play but they need some rest
Especially Mitoma - but yes, all of them - it’s been a very tough run of games in the past month or so - at least Adringa can play both sides but it’s really hard work not having March and Pervis.

Really difficult to make a lot of sense of the match as my stream was spluttering out every few seconds - but seems like we just lost concentration in the second half and once they scored, they resorted to type and became the timewasting cheats they really are - gawd I bloody hate Fulham, I really do.

Moving on …away to Goodison Park next Saturday

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
There are a few horrible anti football teams in the Premier League but I think Fulham might be the worst. I thought they’d get relegated when Mitrovic left. Unfortunately they managed to keep Palhinha by holding onto him against his will and they grind out results playing ugly football like they did today.
They cheat and dive a lot. But actually, when they get the ball their football itself isn't at all bad - quite creative in many ways. If they could just concentrate on playing football without all the sideshow stuff, they'd be okay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here