Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Fulham *** Official Match Thread ***

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Was it Martin who hooked Sidwell in the belly on the West touchline that caused our bench to become apoplectic?

This doesn't seem to be reported anywhere, and I imagine wouldn't have been seen anywhere except the middle of WL.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Was it Martin who hooked Sidwell in the belly on the West touchline that caused our bench to become apoplectic?

This doesn't seem to be reported anywhere, and I imagine wouldn't have been seen anywhere except the middle of WL.

Johansson on comm.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Why does Dale Stephens make pases putting Albion players into difficult positions? That's what Rohan Ince used to do.

The last couple of games Stephens has been inconsistent. His passing, particularly defensively, has often gone astray and put us in trouble.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Watching the highlights on Player, Sidwell and Martin look to be having words after the final whistle. Wasn't Martin the **** who man handled Bruno last season too. The tubby wanker.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Sitting in my high tower and missing the game, I did listen on radio, it seemed like Stephens mind wasn't on the job. He was pretty awful v Villa too, I was at that one. Could his head have been turned?

Other than that, the NSC detractors are not logging in, which is nice.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yea it looked like he really bottled that challenge in the dying seconds which won us back possession briefly.

Absolute bollocks.
Yeah, I wouldn't say he bottled anything. I love Stephens but he hasn't been at his best lately which I understand.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I think it’s fair to assume Dale still wants away. Pretty sure that TB said at a fans forum that we kept him because Burnley were too late with an acceptable offer, not allowing us time to get in a replacement. When he said that I assumed he meant, if we had got Pritchard he, Stephens, would have been allowed to leave. Could be wrong but that’s how I took it.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I think it’s fair to assume Dale still wants away. Pretty sure that TB said at a fans forum that we kept him because Burnley were too late with an acceptable offer, not allowing us time to get in a replacement. When he said that I assumed he meant, if we had got Pritchard he, Stephens, would have been allowed to leave. Could be wrong but that’s how I took it.

Two different style of players

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Two different style of players

Totally agree but as things have turned out he would have made up the numbers. Last season my fear was that we would struggle without Stephens and Keyal in midfield. This season, not so much.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Nothing to do with Pritchard, they don't even play in the same position.

If an early 8M bid had been tabled, then sure we may have accepted and used those funds for his replacement.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Nothing to do with Pritchard, they don't even play in the same position.

If an early 8M bid had been tabled, then sure we may have accepted and used those funds for his replacement.

Not a direct replacement no but I can’t see us paying 8m for a player and then he is not even in the match day squad like Norwich. We would want to play him and something would have to give. As it happens I don’t think we have been so dependent on Stephens this season so we could have let him go. It’s just a feeling really, obviously I don’t know. Tony did say they wanted a replacement lined up before agreeing for him to go. It's just that Pritchard to Norwich and the late bid from Burnley was in the latter part of the window that is making me think they may be connected. No big deal, it never happened but Dale does seem to be not himself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here