Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Frank Lampard's Chelsea *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Lamptey looks very promising and White looks like a PL player - so yes - an improvement. The problem is that most of the other PL teams have improved as well

First half yes - second half not so much.

Chelsea are not a good team - they have talented individuals but the sum is not as good as the parts.

That will change soon. In my humble opinion, like.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Decent EPL side lose out to top 3 EPL side.

Loved it. We were at no time plucky. Fact.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I think if we’d have had Werner up front, we still would have lost. The football is nice but the cutting edge in creating enough chances is not quite there. Yes we missed a good one but most teams do, you create others but it didn’t happen. Also defensively we are not quite there either, conceding so soon after scoring is typical of that

Our total created chances equal 1.54 expected goals, and Chelsea's were 1.35. Dunk's chance is scored 40% of times. Reece James' 2% of attempts like that, and the Zouma shot before deflection was 9%. I would say that we were certainly unlucky to lose like that.

I will await the responses about real goals being worth more than expected goals by those who don't understand the word expected.

Of course, this does point to needing better strikers - but we already knew that.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Well at least the neutrals and the Chelsea fans thought it was a fantastic Brighton performance even if a lot of you guys dont.

Lets hope empty stadiums will remain a thing for a long while so that this young team doesnt have to deal with your mindless negativity and ridiculous expectations.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I don't see them taking the piss out of us either. No paranoia from me - good,balanced commentary. On the other hand,the SSN summariser - whoever he is - is sh1t.

Perception/reality gap here.

Sutton was able to rouse himself from trips to the bog and arsing about with the Brighton bench he was sitting behind to notice that we were playing well for the majority of that game.

We were beaten because we lack the sort of threat up front that Chelsea have and some massive errors in front of their goal and ours...overall we were not outclassed by the amount their wage bill suggests we should be and it’s massively encouraging for me at least.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Did you drink to much vino during the game :D

Now nobody's looking, I salute your indefatigability in the pursuit of what we go on NSC for and what we don't :thumbsup: :wink:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A lot of damage is being caused by silly mistakes playing out. We’re not going to stop doing it I just wish they’re get the hang of it.

I wonder how many goals conceded and points lost have ultimately be caused by unforced errors over the last 13 months?

It seems to be an Albion trademark in every other game.

Clean sheets would give our often impotent strike force a chance of delivering three points.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
So a few positives tonight lampty dunk and white looked quality, alzate despite the error did fine as did biss. we kept going to the end but just do not have the all round quality that the top 6 moneybags teams have. Shame lallana picked up an injury.

If west ham want to pay good money for solly let him go, for me he never delivers, just my view

Nope, mine too...

So frustrating tonight watching him charge forward and then all of a sudden he stops and checks, the momentum is gone and a shitty sideways pass follows....

It’s as if there is a force field stopping him....

It’s probably instructions, but so so frustrating....

Attack them, force errors...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Perception/reality gap here.

Sutton was able to rouse himself from trips to the bog and arsing about with the Brighton bench he was sitting behind to notice that we were playing well for the majority of that game.

We were beaten because we lack the sort of threat up front that Chelsea have and some massive errors in front of their goal and ours...overall we were not outclassed by the amount their wage bill suggests we should be and it’s massively encouraging for me at least.

This.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Alzate mistake, WORLDY from James and a deflected goal (from Webster again). 3-1 utterly flattered Chelsea but like Leeds we are just another plucky loser. Bollocks.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I personally thought Solly was pretty good tonight. If Potter wants to play 3-5-2, then we really have nobody else who can play that LWB role as good as Solly. Has he always got an end product? No. Is he going to set the world alight? No. But can he go up and down that left hand side for 90 minutes competently? Yes, and that's all we really can ask for

Jimmy Grimble

Well at least the neutrals and the Chelsea fans thought it was a fantastic Brighton performance even if a lot of you guys dont.

Lets hope empty stadiums will remain a thing for a long while so that this young team doesnt have to deal with your mindless negativity and ridiculous expectations.

Sadly, this.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Who cares youre not a Brighton fan. It's not ice skating, you dont get any points for performance.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Plenty of positives but there has been in most of Potter’s games. Not sure what I was expecting given how disjointed the last few months have been but it feels very much ‘same old’. We simply must cut out the errors and try and provide a bit more sustained pressure in each game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Our total created chances equal 1.54 expected goals, and Chelsea's were 1.35. Dunk's chance is scored 40% of times. Reece James' 2% of attempts like that, and the Zouma shot before deflection was 9%. I would say that we were certainly unlucky to lose like that.

I will await the responses about real goals being worth more than expected goals by those who don't understand the word expected.

Of course, this does point to needing better strikers - but we already knew that.

I’m with you. TONY Bloom has made millions from a model that works EXACTLY like that. Percentages, expected goals per chance etc. etc.

On another day, we get something out of these games. I hope some teams just look at the score and think we’re a walk over.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Spot on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here