Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Everton *** Official Match Thread ***

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Maybe. But also not untrue.

And in his defence, I did say it was probably due to being tired, he’s played a lot of football this season.
which is what should have said, when posting that he has been poor for the last few games. It amazing how a bit of context helps.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Well, just home and wasn’t that all very predictable from Dyche. I’m very pleased we got a point therefore. Frustrating but we knew that before KO. Still lacking players or know how to undo such teams and a good point considered. Everton aren’t a bad team, and have good players. Onto the next game.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Very unnessessary dig that. It's easier to just give the thumbs down and post your thoughts of the game rather than include an attack on others.
There may be reasons others post negatively - their current state of mind etc
If your lucky enough not to suffer with mental health, PTSD etc from shit you've had to see in life, maybe you won't get it.
I don't think it's necessary to have a dig.
Some people 'critising from their laptop' might not be able to sit in such environments, might not have the finances etc.
I'm aware of at least one forum member who has recently attempted suicide. A low state of mind generally makes you very negative about many things. It isn't a choice, I know as I'm pretty f*cked up myself.
You may see them massively positive or completely the other way.
Just thumbs down it and move on....
This is a really good and thoughtful post please look after yourselves guys especially your mental health. If you are feeling good thats brilliand but be aware that things can change and very quickly. Thanks Brighton Dave ! (y)

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Is it harsh to say Ferguson perhaps needs a couple of games with the U21’s?
Not harsh and probably more than a couple. He's lost his touch, and that's been the case for a while now. He's been playing like he needs a break from the first team to get his touch and confidence back. No drama. It will return. Normal for players his age.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Well, just home and wasn’t that all very predictable from Dyche. I’m very pleased we got a point therefore. Frustrating but we knew that before KO. Still lacking players or know how to undo such teams and a good point considered. Everton aren’t a bad team, and have good players. Onto the next game.
The really frustrating thing is that we should really have done the double over them this season. Yet ended up with just 2 points.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So what was it with Pickford at the end? Yes - I know they lost a couple of points because of a late goal - but he was more wound up about something than disappointed in the result?
World class keeper to be fair. - some excellent second half saves.

Also what a ball for their goal

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Of course disapointed with result but unlike many on this thread I enjoyed the game because throughout we played some great football that was grood to watch. One thing missing was goals and I have even seen City having trouble scoring against defensive sides..
Can justify moaning about performances when we start setting up like your West Hams and Evertons

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Imagine being an Everton fan having to watch that week after week. Hoof ball, foul, time waste, moan at ref, foul again, & repeat. It might occasionally get them a result here and there, but that’s such a piss poor way to approach football when you’ve got fans paying decent money to be entertained.
Playing 10 men and STILL time wasting. I'd give up I think.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
”the pass never comes” So true, I would like to add Fati to those you mention. He finds space, but never gets a pass.
I would add buonanotte , always looks for the ball that never comes
Very unnessessary dig that. It's easier to just give the thumbs down and post your thoughts of the game rather than include an attack on others.
There may be reasons others post negatively - their current state of mind etc
If your lucky enough not to suffer with mental health, PTSD etc from shit you've had to see in life, maybe you won't get it.
I don't think it's necessary to have a dig.
Some people 'critising from their laptop' might not be able to sit in such environments, might not have the finances etc.
I'm aware of at least one forum member who has recently attempted suicide. A low state of mind generally makes you very negative about many things. It isn't a choice, I know as I'm pretty f*cked up myself.
You may see them massively positive or completely the other way.
Just thumbs down it and move on....
I often see comments from people and think why get so aggressive... It's an opinion and everyone is entitled to have one.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Everton, playing exactly the same now for Dyche as Burnley did! Dyche is such a boring manager. Hoof ball and physicality and not much more than that!

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I would add buonanotte , always looks for the ball that never comes.
I see that a lot too - Facu is particularly good off the ball and creating space to be the receiver but it is not used enough by others. One of Adingra’s attempts on goal I thought at the time might have been better if he’d put in a cross to Buonanotte who was standing on the edge of the 18 yard box like a lemon with no one around him - as it was, Adingra went for it but didn’t have a clear eyeline to the goal and his shot was inevitably deflected over by a defender.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
😳I don’t need a sanctimonious lecture on how I should be a more appreciative fan thanks- I’ve been supporting Brighton for 50 years and have rarely rarely said anything negative about the team or individual - I’m the least entitled person there is
- in fact the very opposite- it is usually me singing our praises when others have criticised our . manager or players/season/match performance

I didnt say anything negative about the team today either - My remark has been taken entirely out of context. If we had not played very well and created so many chances in the first half hour, I would have been more excited about a draw but we missed some very easy walk ins that should have had us up by several goals before half time.

Ive been in hospital most of the week and still very ill with a kidney and serious chest infection - it would have taken a win today to get me anywhere near feeling excited - it is what it is.
We really only had two chances first half the rest all half chances at best. Get well soon fella.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
We really only had two chances first half the rest all half chances at best. Get well soon fella.
RDZ said in his presser “we had many chances to score” - I’m inclined to agree with him.

Thanks for the good wishes 🙂

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Following the massive success of last season, I (along with most - apart from a certain few) was hoping for similar, this year.
I say 'hope' because that's all it is, and we're not far short (so far) of where we were, and we're still in with a shout of a Cup or two.....albeit unlikely, imho.
It would have been great to have won today, but I think the same every time we play, but them's the breaks.
I'm still totally thrilled to support BHA and always have been....always will be....wherever we are, especially playing such delightful football that's an utter joy to watch.
Everton? Dyche? Pfft.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Commentator said we haven’t won 2 consecutive Premier League home games all season… I haven’t verified that comment but that could be the difference in European football next year and not. So many frustrating draws.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here