[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Everton *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I had to turn over midway through the first half (before the second goal), so my view is probably not as tarnished as it would have been if I'd witnessed the display in all its horror.

However, this season has been one of adversity and overcoming it. People saying RDZ picked the wrong side are probably benefiting from hindsight as it's basically the same team that spanked Wolves. Conceding after 30 seconds was clearly not part of the game plan. Dyche is savvy.

I'm finding it helpful to remember that this wasn't one of our games in hand. This weekend we've lost no ground on Villa, just Spurs. Could have been a lot better, but could have been worse.

I firmly believe we'll go and beat Arsenal on Sunday. For some reason, the Forest defeat felt worse than this.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I watched the game under the influence of codeine, and found myself strangely unbothered by the first half horror show. Some missplaced passes and a brilliant strategy by Dyche with two fast athletic attackers and, bish, bosh. Two goals. And so on. We weren't terrible. It was simply a perfect storm of bad things. And 4 subs at half time transformed our play. But the opposition were fighting for their lives under strict instructions, and it was tough out there.

RDZ could have made 4 substitutions on 30 minutes, but that would not have be the right thing to do in my view. He isn't Barry f***ing Fry and we aren't Birmingham city. Or Barnet. .

The carry on among of the supporters near me was insufferable, however, with a Tourette's-like pointless repeated 'get on with it!' and other inanity repeated with military precision every time Bumley, sorry Everton disrupted our flow. Still too thick to realize that Pickford was not 'time-wasting'. Oh and getting on Mitoma's back. All that, rather than singing some support isn't going to change the game. It's merely f***ing annoying. They made it unbearable for me in the end so I left earlier than usual.

Credit to the team, they did not allow the flow to be disrupted - partly because in the first half we didn't have one worth preserving.

As for the clever clogs moaning about the starting line up, it's so dull playing 'I'm a better manager than De Zerbi'. No you're not.

I realize this is a football forum, and all about opinions. Mine is that if the set up and execution were 100% correct every week we would be top of the league. A few weeks ago ManUre lost 0-7 to a team we have beaten twice this season. ManUre are above us in the league. Today it was us who f***ed up. Shit happens. To everyone apart from Citeh (and they haven't won the champions' league yet).

Aside from that we are never going to find the reason why we were totally out foxed today, but we can hope that our clever manager may have learned something.

Let's not be entitled pricks about it. We were done over, today, first time for a long time at home, and we have to recover from it.

Oh, and credit to Pickford. A series of worldly saves, leadership, and top-notch swanky shite-housery. If we were the team in desperate need to win ugly today, we would be singing his praises.

If I change my views when the codeine has worn off, I'll keep them to myself. :ROFLMAO:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just seen the goals again on YouTube and I have to say Steele has had an absolute shocker there, beaten at his near post three times and deflected one into his own next and Dunk made a right mess of a sliding tackle.

I did not see this result of performance coming.

What about the build up to the goals?

It wasn’t top flight football.

Pedestrian Dunk and if he was lucky one other back peddling team mate, ‘defending‘ against 3 or 4 Everton players. Gifting them the game.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The carry on among of the supporters near me was insufferable,
I had someone who was complaining about most of the players individually. General moans and groans. Then when other fans groaned at misplaced passes, lost possession he would yell at the fans for doing them down, claiming we needed to lift them up. :facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
2nd goal, Webster/Mac turn the ball over, Doucore outruns Mac on the counter to be unmarked at the back post, and a top quality finish.

3rd goal, Gross slips and Steele is out of position.

4th goal, March under hits a pass leaving us out of position from a corner. Caicedo slips chasing back, March pulls his hammy chasing back.

5th goal, Gross has the pace of a snail chasing back the through ball to McNeil. McNeil blasts it top bins (Steele possibly could have done better)

All preventable goals, not because of the tactics of RDZ.
Quite. A perfect storm of individual slackness in a pool full of starving piranhas ready to use every last drop of their talent and effort to win, or they'd likely be relegated. And more than half of them are out of contract at the end of the season, with a relegation on their CV.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I had someone who was complaining about most of the players individually. General moans and groans. Then when other fans groaned at misplaced passes, lost possession he would yell at the fans for doing them down, claiming we needed to lift them up. :facepalm:
Sometimes I forget that thick people are allowed into football stadia. And I admit that I do also talk to my cat, expecting a flicker of acknowledgement. Will I ever learn? :facepalm:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I just woke up and checked result !
What the hell happened, its's Everton, not City ffs.
Will read the commentary and watch replay later.
I didn't get time to leave my customary, 'I will be sleep for thiis one etc.
So probably my fault !

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Bad day at the office. Not the first and won't be the last. Shit happens. Still been the best year ever for BHAFC. Just look how far we have come.
Definitely, but we deserve to be in the Europa League, and may well miss out.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Just got home
Constant rain
Stuck in a traffic jam on M4 for 20 mins at 22:45 due to some idiot in an Audi spinning his car into the central barrier.

Checked the Forest score and the league table Leeds second to bottom…bonus…

We were crap today but who cares?? It’s a new day in 25 mins

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
This seems to happen whenever we play Sean Dyche in the rain. Which seems to be every time we play him. That man is some kind of rain god.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Everton singing was some of the worst part of the night. The goals were one thing, but their non stop singing and the oooooohs were insufferable. Glad I left before they did just so I didn’t have to encounter any smug scouters on the train.
scouting-boy-scout.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
To the chap in the WSU toilets just before kickoff who was literally pissing blood into the trough...you might want to get that looked at.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Both teams had 5 shots on target, they just scored all of theirs !
The Brighton way.
They scored 4 out of their 5 shots on target. I think the 5th would’ve been the one blocked by Dunk’s knee towards the end of he first half.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Wow! What a horror show.

I’ll be accused of being a bad fan for what I’m about to write so let me preface it by saying I stayed right through to the bitter end and stuck around to applaud the boys (more a less a very disconsolate looking Dunk on his own) off the pitch.

I think Europe is probably a bridge too far for the team now. We’ve lost three of the last six league matches, with the last two of those being increasingly worrying. That frailty doesn’t bode well with fixtures against the top three coming up. Means it’s all the more likely we’ll need something from our last match, away to our bogey side. Sure, it’s still in our hands but I’m not seeing huge grounds for optimism. Perhaps it’s just self preservation on my part and getting my crushing disappointment in early. We’ll see.

The season has still been a thrill ride like no other. I’ve made it to more games than I’ve managed in years and I’m hungry for more. Our overall trajectory remains good. Onwards.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports