[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Crystal Palace *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's not dissimilar from the first half, only difference is that we haven't scored.

It's not been a great performance really, Palace were just shite in the first half.
That's not how I saw it, we just seem to be happy to sit on the 3-0 lead and stopped all urgency.

They had a good chance to make it 3-2, but we improved after that.

barbus_max bhafc

Dec 12, 2021
Worthing
We totally schooled the scum today and showed what a class team we are - they deserved nothing and got nothing. So good to see their so called fanatical supporters pissing off back where they came from thinking more and more about relegation - absolutely loving it 😀😀😀😀

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
After that wonderful home win, I'm off to watch Simon help Côte d'Ivoire in their AFCON quarter-final match v Mali.

Who's with me? 😎

Guy scores the winner at the end of extra time, and then gets sent off!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's breaking down the opposition in the final third where we struggle. It took two incredible assists, and two headers, to get the goals today - but if it wasn't for the scoreline, you wouldn't be saying that this was a top performance.

We've played better in some games where we haven't got the result. I can understand why it's difficult to look past the scoreline when assessing a performance though.

I agree with you generally there, there are times when we boss the game but don't score. Today we did both, so I think that makes it a good performance.

Sometimes we've been too easy to defend against, but I think that's largely down to missing March, Mitoma, and Adingra on the wings, as well as people like Encise and Fati through the middle.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A free header early on from a corner which is a surprise and the low block tactics are in trouble. A crazy 1 minute where 2 goals are scored and the game is won. Otherwise it could have been another frustrating game
But that's the fine margins in a game, the Paace header for 3-1 may have been a winner if that early goal hadn't been scored,

I'm sorry, but that's just plain stoopid.

Yeah, if we didn't let in any goals, and scored more, we'd win the league.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Speaking for myself, I feel a hell of a lot better after that result, though I have caused concern for my welfare from pedestrians in central Cardiff as I punched the air and high-fived my partner in the middle of the high street.

Some things are worth being profiled as “care in community” for.

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Ahhh. After Tuesday I really needed that 😁
Us getting the score that the gulf in performances has deserved has been a long time coming.

I loved the 'you're fukken shit', 'we want you to stay' and 'give us a wave' efforts.
Pretty sure when we were singing the first one just before half time, they were joining in with 'we're fukken shit' :lolol: - can anyone nearer the south confirm this?

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
You're a Palace fan? :ohmy:
Reverse psychology….

Nervous Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports