Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Crystal Palace *** Official Match Thread ***

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Really? Perfectly placed shot I thought.
Keeper was a step or two too much to his right, a more experienced player gets a strong glove on it. Cracking shot though.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I accidentally went to the Albert for post match refreshments. Happy but fragile is this mornings mood.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Saw this on the BBC Sport app…

“Did you know? Brighton have picked up 18 points in the Premier League in 2023 so far (P9 W5 D3 L1) – only Manchester City (25) and Arsenal (23) have won more this calendar year.”

And then I think of those remarkably dropped points against Palace and Fulham.
o_O

What a season this is.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230316_171502_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230316_171502_Facebook.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 139
  • Screenshot_20230316_185917_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230316_185917_Facebook.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 142

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Saw this on the BBC Sport app…

“Did you know? Brighton have picked up 18 points in the Premier League in 2023 so far (P9 W5 D3 L1) – only Manchester City (25) and Arsenal (23) have won more this calendar year.”

And then I think of those remarkably dropped points against Palace and Fulham.
o_O

What a season this is.
There's more.

2023 so far - P9 Points 18 PPG 2.0
Season so far - P25 Points 42 PPG 1.68
2022 - P16 Points 24 PPG 1.5

Whisper it quietly, but we're improving as the season goes on.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
2023 so far - P9 Points 18 PPG 2.0
Season so far - P25 Points 42 PPG 1.68
2022 - P16 Points 24 PPG 1.5

Whisper it quietly, but we're improving as the season goes on.
Now let’s think: what is different now to the start of the season?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Keeper was a step or two too much to his right, a more experienced player gets a strong glove on it.

I disagree. Watching the camera angle behind Solly, looking towards goal, the keeper seemed well placed. If he'd been further to his left, he'd have left the near post undefended. Solly tapped it to his left and then quickly smacked it in the corner - keepers can't defend both sides of the goal against well struck shots into the corner.

Watched the reply when I got back and just before the strike he looks back at where the goal is and moves slightly to his right, which cost him
The keeper correctly moved to his right a little after Solly knocked the ball to his left. If Solly's going to the left, the keeper can't just ignore it and leave more and more space at the near post.

If Guaita had been in goal and Solly had scored with the same shot, no one would be saying anything, but because it was a 19-year-old's debut, people are jumping to an incorrect conclusion.

All IMO obvs.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I disagree. Watching the camera angle behind Solly, looking towards goal, the keeper seemed well placed. If he'd been further to his left, he'd have left the near post undefended. Solly tapped it to his left and then quickly smacked it in the corner - keepers can't defend both sides of the goal against well struck shots into the corner.

The keeper correctly moved to his right a little after Solly knocked the ball to his left. If Solly's going to the left, the keeper can't just ignore it and leave more and more space at the near post.

If Guaita had been in goal and Solly had scored with the same shot, no one would be saying anything, but because it was a 19-year-old's debut, people are jumping to an incorrect conclusion.

All IMO obvs.
All Solly could do was beat the keeper in front of him……. Which he did.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I can only do one thing at a time, and even that's sometimes too much for me. Asking me to think what might be the cause of trends in the data is a step too far.

All I can do is report the stats. And the stats, they are improving.
I know the feeling. I remember an old fellah saying that his wife had asked him to come up stairs and make love - to which he replied that he can only do one of those.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Some of MacAllister's dribbles last night were Messi-esque: balance, short quick steps, protection of the ball. Playing a World Cup with the great man has had major benefits for Alexis.
Agreed just needs to up his finishing and he will be something else. Declan who?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here