Vieira.png

It would seem we have an admirer in Vieira

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Quick reflections: we are SUCH a good passing team. Fantastic footie last night. Great atmosphere. This team never gives up. Obviously a pity we didn’t win, and slightly nervous about the loss of Lallana (looking ahead to Tuesday). Mac Allister was phenomenal….his ability to win the ball rivals Biss. Hopefully we have the rest of this season (after AFCON) to watch them in the same team.
Pleasing to see that the so-called wonder kids (Olise and Eze) are maybe not quite so good after all. As for Guehi and Andersen at the back..ha ha!! And thank God none of the rumours about Edouard were true! Plus, the “wall of noise” from the Palace Ultras..,,where was that (apart from a brief period after their goal). No doubt Palace are a much better team than last season, but they really do rely on Gallagher.

Yes, agree with the positives in paragraph 1 though we really do need to fix the issues with taking chances somehow. It's depressingly regular. But we are a very good footballing side with bags of guts and heart.

As for the Always Ultras is it me or were there only a few of them there last night? Or have regular Palace fans finally had enough of the black coated goons?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Eh? Isn't that you? Haven't you declared in the past that you literally don't clean up after yourself, have thousands of pizza boxes and live in filth?

If not, I apologise, I'm not on here to try and get personal about someone offering their opinion on the Internet.

Pleased with the final result. Disappointed not to win. But I was right (as usual) in that if we conceded first, in terms of us winning the game, it'd be game over and it was. So that's a shame.

I thought overall, we were far the better side. But very, very disappointed in Gros. Very poor body language, I could of saved that penalty in the North stand. So lazy, couldn't be bothered to chase the rebound, just accepted it was a miss before he struck a ball. Will be pleased if that's the last time he plays for us. What a servant he's been. But we move on.

in all honesty, you are wrong far more than you are right

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
do you mean that we are not champions of europe?

We've only won 6 league games all season and 4 were in the first 5 matches.
I like the football and i like our league position but we've had 3 seasons to work out how to turn huge amounts of possession against bottom half teams into wins and we still can't do it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I like the football and i like our league position but we've had 3 seasons to work out how to turn huge amounts of possession against bottom half teams into wins and we still can't do it.

Each of the previous seasons we won 9 games out of 38. We have already won 6 games halfway through the season.
We are improving.

D

Deleted member 2719

This is Brighton and Hove Albion in the Premier league. We have only lost 4 games.
The only side who have lost less are City, Liverpool and chelsea, all mega rich clubs with long history of being on the top flight.

We are punching above are weight and I am loving every punch and pass, as things can quickly slide.
Enjoy the ride while you can my friend.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
in all honesty, you are wrong far more than you are right

You don't know me, so couldn't possibly know that.

For the record, I am more than happy for my pessimistic view on things to be incorrect and be flamed afterwards because I was wrong. Win win for you guys, you get to flame me and we've got a result, I'm happy because it doesn't bother me being flamed and we've picked up points. We support the same team, at least we have something in common.

Who does Swansman support again?

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Each of the previous seasons we won 9 games out of 38. We have already won 6 games halfway through the season.
We are improving.

we have been playing attractive passing football and we have had the majority of possession in most matches. Yet we have won only 2 matches in our last 15 EPL games. If Potter, Ashworth, and the players could only work out how to put teams away when they are on the ropes the world is our lobster.
I am enjjoying the season but with a saucerful of frustration about the missed opportunity.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

contrary to the cliche, football is not a simple game; if it were, you would do it

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
we have been playing attractive passing football and we have had the majority of possession in most matches. Yet we have won only 2 matches in our last 15 EPL games. If Potter, Ashworth, and the players could only work out how to put teams away when they are on the ropes the world is our lobster.
I am enjjoying the season but with a saucerful of frustration about the missed opportunity.

A draw in the Premier League is good. Obviously a win is better, which doesn’t need saying, but not losing is also important.
It’s all about expectations.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
You don't know me, so couldn't possibly know that.

For the record, I am more than happy for my pessimistic view on things to be incorrect and be flamed afterwards because I was wrong. Win win for you guys, you get to flame me and we've got a result, I'm happy because it doesn't bother me being flamed and we've picked up points. We support the same team, at least we have something in common.

Who does Swansman support again?

the first bit, i'm only going on what you publish here................, i mean......, obviously :shrug:

second bit; it's not, our preference would be not to have to read your whining dribble at all :rolleyes:

Reddleman

May 17, 2017

The thing is though there have been games where we have got more than we deserved. The wins at Burnley and Brentford, the win v Leicester, the draws at Southampton and Palace. It’s totally unrealistic to expect us to ‘steal’ all those points AND not let any points slip through our grasp.

We are almost exactly where we should be points wise, we have nicked as many as we thrown away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here