Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Crystal Palace *** Official Match Thread ***

Hard luck tonight chaps :amex: The place where dreams come true, The best team lost pure and simple, I would've been chuffed had we'd held out for the point
especially with those stats! I've said to work collegues that Bha are way too good to go down and after tonight perfomance shows that.
Unlucky BHA but the bragging rights are ours again:amex:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
The criticism of Ben White is ridiculous. Yes he made a mistake but he has been great all season. We are not in a relegation fight because of him. There are plenty of others that have been poor for most of the season and Im including the manager in that as well.

He has been naive a few times this season that has cost us goals. He has mproved but still got mistakes in him .

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Hard luck tonight chaps :amex: The place where dreams come true, The best team lost pure and simple, I would've been chuffed had we'd held out for the point
especially with those stats! I've said to work collegues that Bha are way too good to go down and after tonight perfomance shows that.

Good post gutted we lost but if it had been other way around would if been over the moon. Just hope you turn over Fulham for us now

Goberpiles

Feb 25, 2017
Failing to score during the mass amount of pressure we put in them for 20 minutes in the second half was our undoing, this wasn’t even a game where the goalkeeper played a blinder, we just cannot score and had a horrible feeling they would sneak something.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
If it had finished 1-1 I would have been completely unbothered that we hadn't won even with those stats. Sometimes thats just football. A team turns up to park the bus & its always going to be one way traffic but hard to score. But we were simply very naïve with that late goal. When its gets to injury time at 1-1 yes you keep attacking, but you must remain organised so the minimum you leave with is the point. Our defense just went to sleep because they'd had so little to do and assumed Palace wouldnt even get an attack going.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Failing to score during the mass amount of pressure we put in them for 20 minutes in the second half was our undoing, this wasn’t even a game where the goalkeeper played a blinder, we just cannot score and had a horrible feeling they would sneak something.

We also defended like complete amateurs at the end, from White's senseless hoof to Veltman not getting tight enough on Townsend before he crossed. As they say, if you can't win a game, don't lose it. Our game management late in matches stinks. Manchester United, tonight, and very nearly Fulham.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick

You can’t really brag about that, you were ****ing shit. Probably the worst team I’ve seen us play in the PL, not being funny, but I think that’s the truth. What happened tonight was the opposite of what football is, any football fan (unless you hate BHA!) would be sickened by that result. I think you’ve got away with one of the biggest smash and grabs of all time. Pretty unbelievable really. Still, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t celebrate the result.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

You should be blushing at that result - without a doubt that was by far and away the most ridiculous smash-and-grab I have ever seen in 40-odd years of watching the game. Completely our own fault though, we ran the game again and should've been 4-0 up after an hour, but you don't win points for possession, or efforts on goal.

Palace are a dog of a team to watch, truly awful, but you done a number on us tonight and reaped the rewards after being played off the pitch again in both our games. You'll be there to stink the PL out for another year, whilst we still have a bit of work to do now. Not sure I'd want to watch your mob every week though - you fluked it tonight, but its certainly easy to see why you've been plummetting of late.

Enjoy your gloating though. We'd have been the same if we'd have been completely played off the park and somehow snatched it like that.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We also defended like complete amateurs at the end, from White's senseless hoof to Veltman not getting tight enough on Townsend before he crossed. As they say, if you can't win a game, don't lose it. Our game management late in matches stinks. Manchester United, tonight, and very nearly Fulham.

And Wolves.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I don’t know what to say. It’s a funny old game at times.

You should be blushing at that result - without a doubt that was by far and away the most ridiculous smash-and-grab I have ever seen in 40-odd years of watching the game. Completely our own fault though, we ran the game again and should've been 4-0 up after an hour, but you don't win points for possession, or efforts on goal.

Palace are a dog of a team to watch, truly awful, but you done a number on us tonight and reaped the rewards after being played off the pitch again in both our games. You'll be there to stink the PL out for another year, whilst we still have a bit of work to do now. Not sure I'd want to watch your mob every week though - you fluked it tonight, but its certainly easy to see why you've been plummetting of late.

Enjoy your gloating though. We'd have been the same if we'd have been completely played off the park and somehow snatched it like that.

Thanks but it doesn't matter how crap we were we defended well and we won end of, Was the same last season & even the play off season over the two games Bha were the better team and on the day we wanted it more so more of the same tonight,No goals no prizes :)
I came to pay you a complement not to gloat but at the end of the day you could't beat a shlt Palace team! :amex:

Wont post again, see you next season

Yep,they certainly are and although I'm totally gutted we only have ourselves to blame. As for others slating your football, you did a job on us and it worked. It will keep you up and if that's what you've got to do then fair play. I would take a backs to the wall mugging all day long if it helps keep us up.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I mean...

****ing hell.

How on earth has that just happened? Palace set up to lose by as small a margin as possible and have somehow come away with a win. From two attacks.

****ing hell.

ow well do we have to play just to get a point?! It's madness.

If we ever fully click up front we're going to be incredible. Until then we have to wade through result after result like this. So so frustrating. And to Palace. And Benteke. Benteke scored a goal. An actual real life goal. **** sake.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
SA meltdown incoming on Twitter.

I mean...

****ing hell.

How on earth has that just happened? Palace set up to lose by as small a margin as possible and have somehow come away with a win. From two attacks.

****ing hell.

ow well do we have to play just to get a point?! It's madness.

If we ever fully click up front we're going to be incredible. Until then we have to wade through result after result like this. So so frustrating. And to Palace. And Benteke. Benteke scored a goal. An actual real life goal. **** sake.
Spot on Sir,spot on.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Finishing, Finishing, Finishing...... a team can get away with a bad game if only they can score. Tonight our final touch was woeful. We had better finishing back in the 3rd division, and that was some time ago! Willie Irvine would have buried some of those chances.
A sad day, made worse by the fact that it was them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here