Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Chelsea *** Official Match Thread ***

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Lewis Dunk speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live:

"It was an enjoyable game to play in, it's nice to get the first win under the new manager and thankfully we got the three points today."

"Sometimes you just have those starts and I think the crowd reaction today, if we have that more often at home we're going to perform like that and they were a massive part of the performance today. It was nice to hear the noise coming from them. Sometimes you just get a start and you get the momentum and it carries on through the first half. I thought it in the first half we were excellent."

"At 3-0 up we thought let's not let it slip! Going in at half-time at 3-0 up is nice but we have to score the next goal and they managed it and we were lucky that we hung on until the end."

"We still limited them to a few chances after they scored. Havertz had one, the pullback, and he put it over the bar. Other than that I can't really remember too many others."

"There's been a massive impact [since Roberto De Zerbi took charge] obviously we are still learning his ways and we are on the training pitch all together working as hard as we can for him and trying to take it on board. Obviously there is a language barrier sometimes with the interpreter but they have been excellent and the interpreter is excellent so we are getting there and I think we can see more and more improvements over the next coming weeks."

d and de.jpg

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Chant of the day was “You’re Just a Shit Brighton and Hove Albion”

Fantastic game from start to finish, the start felt like it could have been one of those games with two cleared off the line but those doubts went as soon as the first goal went in. Chelsea were already punch drunk and we didn’t let up.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Roberto de Zerbi to Sky Sports:

"I am very happy for the players, for the club and the people working with our team and these great fans. They were the best player on the pitch. They helped us a lot and I am very happy."

"In the first 20-25 minutes we were fantastic. We played like men. We have a style and the first 20-25 minutes was fantastic, really fantastic."

"We prepared the team with one-to-ones. All players were fantastic."

"No I don't want to celebrate anything. Next Saturday there is another game and I am sorry for the Chelsea goal because in the second half we suffered a stupid goal and made a mistake. They changed their tactical position and we weren't ready to change something for us. But I'm happy because 4-1 against Chelsea is an amazing result."

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
"Sometimes you just have those starts and I think the crowd reaction today, if we have that more often at home we're going to perform like that and they were a massive part of the performance today. It was nice to hear the noise coming from them.
🙊

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Graham Potter, speaking to Sky Sports:

"They played well, the atmosphere was really intense here. We didn’t necessarily match that level of intensity."

"We had some opportunities to test the keeper, but it was too open and Brighton were dangerous. We were pushing and pushing and throwing players on, but Brighton deserved it. You have to say congratulations to them."

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Dion Dublin on Final Score:

"The Brighton fans have got to be upfront for their old manager [Graham Potter] coming back with a bigger club in stature and expectation."

"They wanted to make it uncomfortable as much as possible. Potter came into this stadium and Brighton made much noise and made him feel uncomfortable. The same case for Marc Cucurella. The scene was set. We don't want you back here. You left us and we're going to let you know what you've left."

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Roberto de Zerbi speaking to BBC:

"It's a fantastic atmosphere, fantastic fans and players and it was a fantastic game. It was a great game against a great team because Chelsea have a very good and an important coach and players. I am happy."

"The most important thing in football is the players always. We can give information and advice to our players but they are the most important."

"We must continue to play this level of football. We have to think only about the level of performance. The results are important because they can change something in our head but when you work in football you can change something in the way you play not the result."

"Atmosphere was fantastic. Our fans were the best player on the pitch and it is very nice to work in Brighton. I am proud for this."

"We played well in the last few games. Now we are happy with the result but I was happy the same without the result."

"Robert Sanchez was fantastic like the other players. He is changing something because I want him to build-up more than in the past. He gives me total confidence in my style of play."

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I think the comments by both Potter and Dunk about the atmosphere were telling. We need to try and recreate that more often as it was clear the players fed off that.

Fantastic result and performance, it will do wonders for the the players belief in what RDZ is looking to do. Exciting times.

stingray

Jan 23, 2018
loved the way Dunk said 'Potter' in the interview, not exactly spitting the word out but quite dismissive in tone. Lewis take a bow.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

"It was an enjoyable game to play in, it's nice to get the first win under the new manager and thankfully we got the three points today."

"Sometimes you just have those starts and I think the crowd reaction today, if we have that more often at home we're going to perform like that and they were a massive part of the performance today. It was nice to hear the noise coming from them. Sometimes you just get a start and you get the momentum and it carries on through the first half. I thought it in the first half we were excellent."

"At 3-0 up we thought let's not let it slip! Going in at half-time at 3-0 up is nice but we have to score the next goal and they managed it and we were lucky that we hung on until the end."

"We still limited them to a few chances after they scored. Havertz had one, the pullback, and he put it over the bar. Other than that I can't really remember too many others."

"There's been a massive impact [since Roberto De Zerbi took charge] obviously we are still learning his ways and we are on the training pitch all together working as hard as we can for him and trying to take it on board. Obviously there is a language barrier sometimes with the interpreter but they have been excellent and the interpreter is excellent so we are getting there and I think we can see more and more improvements over the next coming weeks."

View attachment 153197
This kind of underlines my previous thoughts. There are issues with the language barrier. But watching RDZ interview today he seems to be learning very quickly. He gets better every week. Hopefully that continues.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
He has plenty to apologise for, stripping the club of it’s entire coaching staff would be a start, shitting on Tony Bloom is another. Yes I am entitled to my opinion you arrogant fucker. It is what it is.
Indeed. He's really got on bored the condescending prick train. Football, in a stadium at least isn't a dispassionate, stats driven, technical thing. Its tribal warfare. We did our job by making him and cucurella uncomfortable and they shat the bed. It's what we are supposed to do. No one was asking for an apology you arrogant tit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here