Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Charlton Athletic *** Official Match Thread ***

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sake. any team that starts with Solly March is set up to fail.
Well you're an idiot aren't you.
Solly needs the cut man.
:facepalm:

I just dont rate him as a player, obviously i want him to be the very very best in the world but i just dont see it from him, very light weight last season, ok he has bulked up a bit for this season, but other than last weeks match he really has been poor.
No, his second half against Cardiff was fantastic, and he's had some other good moments since then too. You clearly don't understand football, so just stick to cheering when we win.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Well you're an idiot aren't you.
:facepalm:

No, his second half against Cardiff was fantastic, and he's had some other good moments since then too. You clearly don't understand football, so just stick to cheering when we win.
He did need the cut man. He had a cut.

DiscoCAFC

Apr 12, 2011
After watching the highlights, our defending against you was terrible for the 1st two goals and the 3rd was our goalkeepers fault.

I was amazed seeing us go 2-0 up against you but I heard you were awful first half? As a Charlton fan, I'm angry with my team for throwing away a 2-0 lead.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Feb 14, 2010
After watching the highlights, our defending against you was terrible for the 1st two goals and the 3rd was our goalkeepers fault.

I was amazed seeing us go 2-0 up against you but I heard you were awful first half? As a Charlton fan, I'm angry with my team for throwing away a 2-0 lead.

Something tells me that we shouldnt have given Bournemouth our two centre backs who promptly took them up. Our defence as the highlights show seem a bit slow. Hope it doesnt cost us. Charlton? I remember you leaving the Valley, playing at Upton Park, then Selhurst and then back to the Valley. Very pleased both clubs have got a ground. The rest is icing.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Think you're being very harsh on your keeper there. Watching the game live (and from the highlights), I'd say he did very well to get anything on the third goal and was a bit unlucky that the ball dropped in.

Like Charlton as a club (even if it got a bit tense today) and really hope you stay up.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Something tells me that we shouldnt have given Bournemouth our two centre backs who promptly took them up. Our defence as the highlights show seem a bit slow. Hope it doesnt cost us. Charlton? I remember you leaving the Valley, playing at Upton Park, then Selhurst and then back to the Valley. Very pleased both clubs have got a ground. The rest is icing.

You really are a tedious bore, banging the same hindsight drums all of the time. No point using logic with you, what's the point, but once again - crap post.

Very fair summary from the Charlton fan but go easy on Henderson, he'd been down injured after our equaliser and he was clearly dragging himself around from that moment on. Karma for his time wasting, without question.

DiscoCAFC

Apr 12, 2011
You really are a tedious bore, banging the same hindsight drums all of the time. No point using logic with you, what's the point, but once again - crap post.

Very fair summary from the Charlton fan but go easy on Henderson, he'd been down injured after our equaliser and he was clearly dragging himself around from that moment on. Karma for his time wasting, without question.

I just read he went down injured, so fair point. As for time wasting, I don't like it when any opposition does it but you can't blame us for it considering we were playing against a team that is on a great run and full of confidence lol

DiscoCAFC

Apr 12, 2011

Thanks mate, it was our 23rd year anniversary today (Saturday) so it was a special day. 9 times out of 10 we normally get a good result around that date but unfortunatly it was not the case this time round.

Feb 14, 2010
Thanks mate, it was our 23rd year anniversary today (Saturday) so it was a special day. 9 times out of 10 we normally get a good result around that date but unfortunatly it was not the case this time round.

now that makes me feel old. I saw us play you at both Upton Park and Selhurst. Then was pleased to watch you back at the Valley. I sat in your main stand next to some lovely old boys (and ladies) who reminded me of my family down at the Albion, it was when we were playing at Gillingham. They said we would be back on our feet one day. It took us a while but the Albion and Charlton have got there. If you go down, well, so what. As long as you are at the Valley, the 3rd division is allot of fun.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I just read he went down injured, so fair point. As for time wasting, I don't like it when any opposition does it but you can't blame us for it considering we were playing against a team that is on a great run and full of confidence lol

I don't blame you at all, I think the criticism of teams who do what yours attempted to on Saturday is out of place. There are plenty of games in the past when the Albion have scored an early goal, or two, and then gone into game killing mode. It frustrates the opposition fans, but that's a positive if anything - criticising a team for doing something you would expect your own team to do in the same circumstances is beyond my comprehension. It didn't work out for your fellas, but if it had then the result is all that matters after the match has finished. I'm all for morality and principles, but I'm also for reality. You need points, not to be involved in classic football matches.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Every team does it.

Just not all teams do it from 5 minutes into the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here