NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
McGregor is no mug

Allan McGregor: Cardiff City sign Hull's Scotland keeper on loan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38658707

Unlucky !! Earlier this season, Cardiff's keeper was Ben Amos, on loan from the mighty Wanderers. Playing for Bolton last season, Amos conceded so many goals from long distance that we requested permission from the FA to put a bell in the ball.

McGregor is a better keeper.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I'm fully expecting Cardiff to be set up for a draw and I think we'll find it difficult to break them down. It might take a moment of magic from someone (cue AK). The longer it takes to get the first goal, the harder it'll become to find a way through.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
On paper they have a good experienced squad, thank god we dont play on paper.

Lets hope March or AK if he switches sides can tear Greg Halford a new one

Halford won't play, sadly, unless they have a sudden bout of injuries! He's played 2 minutes of league football since he joined.

I note that the dirty little bugger Peltier is fit now too - would have been out on the original date. Knockaert best watch his ankles.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
First goal scorer, Tomer Hemed (from the spot, after some nonsense at a corner from Sol Bamba)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm fully expecting Cardiff to be set up for a draw and I think we'll find it difficult to break them down. It might take a moment of magic from someone (cue AK). The longer it takes to get the first goal, the harder it'll become to find a way through.
We just need to be patient. If they park the bus, we'll get crosses from wide and corners, and we've got plenty who can head those in (accepting that Murray is out). Could use Norwood and Skalak's crossing skills if they park the bus. Or maybe an AK free kick.

Let's just hope the ref doesn't disallow goals this time.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I expect a 'pragmatic' approach from Colin, but we should have enough quality to break them down.

Gonna chuck a couple of shekels at Duffy/Dunk FGS.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Score early. We trounce them....

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
At least they won't have David Marshall in goal this time - he usually managed to stop us winning single-handed.

I think he missed the last home game and his back up single handedly stopped us, like Marshall had done the year before. We've hammered them 1-1 in the last two home games. We need to turn it round tonight.

Can't believe we will have 60 points if we win tonight and be 11 points clear of third place. Not assuming we will win but it is an amazing position to be in.

larus

Given that we have not beaten Cardiff at home for ages, I too am expecting a tough game tonight. Regardless of who their manager has been they have always been a frustrating. With wily old Warnock at the helm I'm sure it will be diffiuclt for us to get our game going. They are on a three match winning streak themselves, so it is all set up for a freezing and frustrating evening at the Amex. I'll take a scrappy 1-0 regardless of the quality of performance. To quote the late great Al Davis of the Oakland/LA Raiders, "Just win baby, just win!"

My thoughts too. Really hope I'm wrong, but not confident about tonight.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
A reassuring stat: Of the 6 games this season Murray has not started in (3 league, 3 cup), we have a 100% win rate. The only loss in the cup was vs Reading and he started up front with Elvis.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I've got a bad feeling about tonight, we've NEVER beaten Cardiff at the AMEX despite outplaying them every time. Warnock will set them up to defend and spoil their way to a 1-0 win whilst we are TOOTHLESS without Muzza as HELMET misses a hat full of chances

Yep, we struggled to score more than two goals without Murray on Friday.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1085049/Preview

Despite our injury situation, we are still predicted to win 2-1.

Cardiff have most of the team I have heard of and even seen play live. Not so Zohore up front for them, whom I've never heard of.

With toothache, a sore throat, the fog and the trains, not sure of I will make it? That would be my second (and a half) game in fifty I would miss. Failure rate of 5% or 1300 empty seats. More likely in winter colds, midweek, trains up the swanny, freezing, could be lots of empty seats?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I've got a bad feeling about tonight, we've NEVER beaten Cardiff at the AMEX despite outplaying them every time. Warnock will set them up to defend and spoil their way to a 1-0 win whilst we are TOOTHLESS without Muzza as HELMET misses a hat full of chances

A reassuring stat: Of the 6 games this season Murray has not started in (3 league, 3 cup), we have a 100% win rate. The only loss in the cup was vs Reading and he started up front with Elvis.

Heh

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here