Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Cardiff City *** Official Match Day Thread ***

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Tonight we took our chances, it's not our fault that Vincent Tan employed a hypnotherapist who has convinced Marshall that he is Pat Jennings.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
JFC is anonymous most games and offers sweet fa...That's clear to see pal :)

Agree he can be anonymous at times but I was commenting on tonight's performance where I thought he played some nice through balls and competed well. So what's clear to see is that many just can't judge players on their performance in that game.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I agree about the lack of goals with the chances we created, unfortunately most fell to JFC, shocking shooting display, at least one should have been a goal.
Cardiff were very well organised and defended with 9 and with Marshall in the goal he made the difference.
But another team that were there for the taking, Cardiff had no intention of attacking with any purpose and were happy to sit back, with their team that is pretty shocking, Noone, jones, Whittingham, they came for a point and got it through a goalkeeping error, very frustrating, again, but i thought that we looked good in the 2nd half.
I honestly do not think that Sammi knows his best team or formation yet, and i would like to know what has happened to Tex over the past few games.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I'll pick out a pointless stat.
I'll use bed wetter to make me look big
I'll be blindly sarcastic

It's a bloody results business. We ain't getting results. Our defence are scoring but can't defend. Our strikers can barely score at all.

Our manager insists in leaving people like Ince and McCourt on the bench. Blindly following his own weird ethos.

We can't score, when we do we can't defend. I could not care less about possession or shots.

It's goals and solid defending and quality on the pitch. We have none of that at present

D

Deleted member 22389

Thought we played well. Unlucky. 2 points against teams with much bigger budgets.

Aug 23, 2011
GK is unique - one error can has a massive effect on the result, and it can be clearcut their fault (i.e. not a catalogue of errors in play leading up to a goal).

You're quick to blame for a mistake yet you're not giving credit when dunk messed up and stockdale saved it in a situation where it would be a goal more often than not.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If a keeper could have the kind of freak performance Marshall had tonight, every week, he'd be worth £80M ffs.

Not every game, but it'd be nice for him to have had at least one in the first 10. Our opposition's keepers seem to be annoyingly capable!

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Gifted them a goal though. If you're keeper makes errors like that, if wipes out everything else.

No it bloody doesn't.

A great keeper will always make the odd mistake.

I'm just glad ALL the other 21 players on the pitch are gifted miracle workers, and never do anything wrong, the lucky buggers.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Not every game, but it'd be nice for him to have had at least one in the first 10. Our opposition's keepers seem to be annoyingly capable!
Conceded 1 goal in 3 games, and that could well prove to be Dunk's fault.

Not too bad in my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here