Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Bristol City *** Official Match Thread ***

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I have a bad feeling about this one.

Fear not, I can cancel this out. I have a really good feeling about it. I'm sure they're a lot better than their league position suggests but we'll SPANK them.

They will come here will a false sense of security that a first win in ages brings (against a bang average side). I think we'll be 3-0 up at half time and that'll be the scoring done.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I too feel a certain amount of trepidation regarding this game, they do seem to be finding their feet in the division ... I'm just hoping that we don't give them the opportunity to trot out the old cliche about anyone being able to beat anyone in this league!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'll have what you're having.

As much as their fans are thinking "we can get a result there, I know we can!", I am thinking "We are top of the league and I can't believe we will only win by single goal margins forever".

Something is going to give. Either we will lose against all the odds, or we are going to win remarkably comfortably for a change. I've plumped for the latter.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ian Williamson referee record this season is 1 championship match at Brentford last Saturday and in 10 games has given 2 red cards 37 yellow. Looks ominous for Kayal Stephens and Bong for a yellow card.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Something is going to give. Either we will lose against all the odds, or we are going to win remarkably comfortably for a change.
Is it really that unlikely that we'll draw, or win by a goal?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ian Williamson referee record this season is 1 championship match at Brentford last Saturday and in 10 games has given 2 red cards 37 yellow. Looks ominous for Kayal Stephens and Bong for a yellow card.
If Kayal and Bong get yellows, they'll miss PNE at home. They're obviously going to miss a game at some time - surely PNE at home would be better to miss than most.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If Kayal and Bong get yellows, they'll miss PNE at home. They're obviously going to miss a game at some time - surely PNE at home would be better to miss than most.

We need Rosenior to be fit again before Bong misses a game !

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I suppose CH might be tempted to go to 433 - especially if Brizzle are expecting to play against a 442 set up. 433 might be a good way to deal with them playing three at the back too. The midfield three pick themselves - and all three are capable of rampaging forward when appropriate.
Hemed up front, with Solly wide right and Baldock on the left (he might not like playing there, but he did a pretty good job of it before he was injured last season).

I would be too. However, note that Boro experimented at home to this lot and lost 0-1. I'm inclined to think the cautious CH will play the same as usual.

I think Baldock is a better crosser of the ball than our notional proper wingers, all three of them.

Kayal and Stephens are automatic starters. The other midfield position is up for grabs.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Possibly better than Kayal and Stephens missing Reading away. So perhaps rest Rosenior if not 100% as left back cover for Bong against PNE . I am sure I read that Goldson is a centre back who can play left back but many are suggesting him as right back tonight.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As much as their fans are thinking "we can get a result there, I know we can!", I am thinking "We are top of the league and I can't believe we will only win by single goal margins forever".

Something is going to give. Either we will lose against all the odds, or we are going to win remarkably comfortably for a change. I've plumped for the latter.

This (pleeeaaase)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I would be too. However, note that Boro experimented at home to this lot and lost 0-1. I'm inclined to think the cautious CH will play the same as usual.

I think Baldock is a better crosser of the ball than our notional proper wingers, all three of them.

Kayal and Stephens are automatic starters. The other midfield position is up for grabs.
If - and I agree it is a big if - CH goes for 433, the midfield three do pick themselves - Kayal, Stephens and Crofts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here