Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Brentford *** Official Match Thread ***

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
Dare I say it but after a few awful refs and/or VAR decisions, the ref had a good game. How refreshing to watching a game without any VAR.
Ignoring the Gilmour incident that is but it's been a better watch as a result.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Great result but yet again VAR let’s us down how the f*** that was not a red card
I've seen the replay and ran it through very slow motion. I'm not convinced he actually touched Gilmour. I think VAR has given him the BOD. And despite what folk say, he's snapping after the ball. I think the commentators were wrong. Had he made contact for sure he would have gone.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I've seen the replay and ran it through very slow motion. I'm not convinced he actually touched Gilmour. I think VAR has given him the BOD. And despite what folk say, he's snapping after the ball. I think the commentators were wrong. Had he made contact for sure he would have gone.
Have a watch of Gilmour's left cheek puff out as Wissa's hand seems to touch his right cheek, and the subsequent jolt to his head/hair. Difficult to fake. Not really anywhere near the ball either.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Have a watch of Gilmour's left cheek puff out as Wissa's hand seems to touch his right cheek, and the subsequent jolt to his head/hair. Difficult to fake. Not really anywhere near the ball either.

I'm not convinced. It would be a big call to send him off. He was very lucky. He is trying to get the ball off him though. All be it with the radar of a drunken street fighter.

Last edited:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Albion are only two goals short of their total for the whole of the 2017/18 season.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Dare I say it but after a few awful refs and/or VAR decisions, the ref had a good game. How refreshing to watching a game without any VAR.
Ignoring the Gilmour incident that is but it's been a better watch as a result.
- I also thought the ref was good tonight - ignored shenanigans and kept play going

RDZ showed fluidity in his set up tonight that was impressive and what we’ve been needing - Brentford fans not so impressed though:

”Does anyone else hate Brighton’s manager, just a toxic midget”
“De Zerbi is a right ******. It looks like he told his player to play quick from the throw while Bryan was down.”
“He's always been a prat”
“De Zerbi loves the camera being on him doesn’t he? tw*t”
“They are a moany lot, in the image of their manager.”

I guess our Golden Boy Awards Coach is not universally appreciated 😂

Wish we could see it from another angle because we can’t see Wissa make contact in that clip:

Some Brentford fans saying it probably should have been a red:

”Wissa you idiot. Lucky, should’ve been a red”
”Not entirely sure how he’s got away with that with the usual nonsense VAR gives”
”What the hell is Wissa doing”
”Wissa is going to get sent off. For f*** sake’
”Wissa should have been off.”
”Sorry if that’s the other way round every single person on here would be going on how bad the refs are. He’s got away with it, massively”
“Threw his hand into someone’s face. Ridiculous from Wissa, how he wasn’t sent off I’ll never know. Lucky lucky boy”
”Whether we think it *should* be a red or not, Wissa is very lucky there.”
”He raised his hand and made contact. He was nowhere near the ball. Stupid thing to do,”

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX

I was astonished Var didn't get involved, but on the other hand it was nice to have a somewhat normal game without intervention

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I know lots of people like to cite the statistic of consecutive games with goals scored and conceded, but I can't remember the last time there wasn't a rendition of "hark now hear..." which considering we're in December is even more jarring Or did I just not erm...hear it?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well done to those who obviously ‘bothered’ to turn up and support their team. Strange game, completely scratch team, deserved 3 points. Superb effort from everyone 👏

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
But he's a Brighton player. I have no idea why Buananotte got booked..
That was a ridiculous booking. Obviously it was for dissent but I would suggest players have done the same at least 500 times this season without being booked. The lack of consistency is mind boggling. Either book them all - which is fine - or don't. You can't suddenly decide that that is dissent.and everything else isn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here