Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Blackpool *** Official Match Thread ***

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Well, I have been as critical as anybody, but I saw a few glimpses of improvement today.

There was the usual fannying around, but at least we got in the box and forced a few saves from the keeper.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well, I have been as critical as anybody, but I saw a few glimpses of improvement today.

There was the usual fannying around, but at least we got in the box and forced a few saves from the keeper.

True, but then this was against 3rd division junk. The same old issues remain - we don't move the ball around quick enough, and our forwards always want 2-3 touches in the box to "make sure" before they think about having a crack = chance gone / blocked / blasted high wide or not so handsome.

As their manager rightly said, it took an absolute worldy, and a fluke deflection to beat them. That second half we must've got in behind them 8-10 times, yet STILL couldn't put any of them away. We won't get half those number of opportunities in our league, as we well know.

In short - our finishing is absolutely pathetic. Which is why we're staring into the abyss.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Alas we were playing against L1 defenders, and we still didn't finish the chances created.

Wednesday is such a huge game, and with both teams being in a similar predicament re playing pretty well most games but not getting results, it's going to be interesting. 0-0 nailed on :smile:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

I think the penny might have finally dropped that if a team is packing the box and there is nothing on, we might as well have a go from distance. We’ve seen this consistently against Leeds, Newport, City and Blackpool. The result - three goals and some near misses. We have players like MacAllister, Gross, Trossard, March, Bissouma and Moder who are all more than capable so why not, plus we’ll get more corners, there’s a chance of something on the rebound and there is always the chance of a fluke deflected goal like the one we scored yesterday.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
True, but then this was against 3rd division junk. The same old issues remain - we don't move the ball around quick enough, and our forwards always want 2-3 touches in the box to "make sure" before they think about having a crack = chance gone / blocked / blasted high wide or not so handsome.

As their manager rightly said, it took an absolute worldy, and a fluke deflection to beat them. That second half we must've got in behind them 8-10 times, yet STILL couldn't put any of them away. We won't get half those number of opportunities in our league, as we well know.

In short - our finishing is absolutely pathetic. Which is why we're staring into the abyss.

Maupay took his first time and hit it straight at the keeper. Should he have taken a touch? :lolol:.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

This is so self evidently true that it has me shouting at the tv every time those extra, pointless touches are taken. ‘JUST BLOODY SHOOT.’ I want Potter to scream this at the players before they go on the pitch and keep on screaming it throughout the match.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Maupay took his first time and hit it straight at the keeper. Should he have taken a touch? :lolol:.

A pretty rare example though! In fairness its not always his fault, as by the time we eventually get the ball into the box, there's a sea of defenders to contend with. That was one of the rare quick breaks we pulled on them (when they were pushing up, throwing men forward for a leveller).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here