Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Blackpool *** Official Match Day Thread ***

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
I fear for us against forest next week, we are gonna get thrashed

I dont feel we will get thrashed as i feel the players on the pitch have the passion and commitment to not get thrashed, it may be backs to the wall but i dont think it will be panic stations. With Greer and Dunk as the core we will have at least stalwart Brighton players, perhaps bring in Calde at the back for his defensive capabilities, however i thought Bruno looked good today and would be worth sticking with. It might be worth fielding a more forceful midfield to try and disrupt the play against Forest, bring back some of our dirty play from the first season at the Amex and try and grind a result. I must say i miss the reds, yellows and dirty challenges from our first season, it really gave you something to get behind besides a goal or good bit of play.

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
Half of them weren't here under Garcia....

The ones who were here did perform, and the ones who weren't are better than the ones Garcia had at his disposal. Our team is significantly better than last season and yet our performances and results significantly worse.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Wanna bet?

Nobody will murder us this season.

In fact, we will just as likely win.

Forest are nothing, this division is very tight, and we will finish very highly in it.

A 10 point gap after only 8 games between us suggest otherwise though doesn't it.

We were murdered by Brentford at times last week. Don't be so naive

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Or, you could try learning something about football.

Total domination today, just needed a goal or two.
We ARE a very good side, gelling new players in - lots of them.

Anyone who can't see that needs to download football 101 from you tube.

We've got a good(ish) squad on paper. Trouble is, the game's played on grass, not on paper..........and it ain't played on Youtube either!

Dec 29, 2011
Or, you could try learning something about football.

Total domination today, just needed a goal or two.
We ARE a very good side, gelling new players in - lots of them.

Anyone who can't see that needs to download football 101 from you tube.

We were very good.

We weren't. It was an average performance considering the opposition, especially in the first half.
We WILL start scoring soon, and when we do, watch out Championship.

I've been hearing this for the last two season. Even when Gus was here we would have lots of possession, lots of shots, but rarely score. "Will be batter someone soon" was said every week. At the time I believed it. The problem is Hyypia looks like he hasn't got a clue about tactics - players seem to float around without any real idea of what their role in the team is.

We are the best side in this division, as the final league position will show.

Nothing to say about this. We're just not. Lots of teams in this division have much, much better teams. I think your blue tinted glasses are coming into play here.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I would expect that that will have a lot to do with results over the next 5-6 games.

Lose in the cup against Burton plus only 1 or 2 points picked up in the next three League games (Cardiff , Forest , Watford) and Sami's head will be on the chopping block.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
A 10 point gap after only 8 games between us suggest otherwise though doesn't it.

We were murdered by Brentford at times last week. Don't be so naive
Murdered by Brentford, did you actually see it - clearly not.

The football we are playing will result in a very high finish this season.

We have 11 new players to integrate.

Patience is a virtue.

Obviously some of you don't have it.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
There was plenty of creativity; it was just the finishing (and last ditch defending and keeping) that hindered us today.

Not until the final 20 minutes there wasn't. We didn't do anywhere near enough for the first 70 or so - as evidenced by the fact Blackpool didn't even have to make any fouls in their own half until LuLu came on. - then 4 yellow card in 8 minutes or so....we were gash today and the front 3's lack of penetration is really worrying.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Not until the final 20 minutes there wasn't. We didn't do anywhere near enough for the first 70 or so - as evidenced by the fact Blackpool didn't even have to make any fouls in their own half until LuLu came on. - then 4 yellow card in 8 minutes or so....we were gash today and the front 3's lack of penetration is really worrying.
Bloody Hell, the queue for your pie must have been huge.

You clearly didn't get to see any of the match until the 70th minute.

I'd complain to the Stand Manager if I were you.

Dec 29, 2011
Good place to learn the basics for some people though!!!

Alright, we get it. You think you're a footballing God. All your comments smack of arrogance. It's a shame Brighton didn't consider your job application because you're clearly the most knowledgeable person here :facepalm:.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

I didn't see the first half. But from my view of the live stream, we looked dangerous all of the second half and created a load of chances.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010

Patience is a virtue.

Yes, I was f****** there.

Brentford pissed all down our left side whilst Bennett was at the other end of the pitch casually strolling back to defend.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Patience is a virtue.

Brentford had us totally sussed out and exploited a gung ho attitude to defending. They slaughtered us and could have scored six or seven.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here