Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Lallana all day if he was regularly fit.
He isn't.
Sorry what ? How many games has he missed this season through injury ? Or last season ?

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Just got home and that was a pretty unpleasant experience all told!My main thoughts were

1. We came flying out of the blocks and they were quite clearly rattled and all over the place. We then went into De Zerbism regardless. foot on the ball and sit and wait for them to commit, as a natural default. I felt they were there for the taking if we'd pushed on at that point. Villa would have regained composure at some point after their wobbly start but we really helped them by bringing the tempo back down again. As much as I like the style in general the players need to be able to take the energy of the game into account. If your main tactic is to set traps and no one is falling for them, then.... sometimes it's OK just to go batshit for a while then revert to your game when you have too.

2. Its easy with hindsight but the Enciso sub was a bad one. He's nowhere near ready to be thrown into that. This wasn't a carabao midweeker. He looked like a kid playing against men. Not his fault, but there you go. Needed Gross up there. Needed a seasoned Pro to hold the ball. with Velts or Lamptey on at RB. While we're at it, I think that should be the end of the Gross RB experiment.

3. I know its been done to death but WE NEED A STRIKER. Some nice moves led to us putting a cross in with no one in the box. On a couple of occasions Wellbeck nowhere near it. We were 1000 x better when Tross came into the middle / moved around. He can play the left but it's a waste of his talents. This isn't a slight on wellbeck. But I think there's a time and a place.

4. They carried no real threat except the time they hit the post. Essentially just handed them the goals.

5. Some Olympic standard shithousery. From their monumental bellend of a GK the most. Yiu hate it when it's against you, but when you're away and desperate for the 3 points I get it. Ref Needed to get a grip from the strat of it (about 35 mins from the end!) But gave them a 20 minute free hit.

6. I thought Colwill was exceptional. He's going to be some player. Can't believe he's that young.

Parklife, etc.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Frankly, they were quicker than us and sharper than us all over the field for most of the game, and knew how to stop us and frustrate us. Proper did us over, with help from a sympathetic ref.

Was a very P*tter-esque performance, lots of cute passing breaking down 20 yards out and NOBODY f***ing SHOOTING.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Frankly, they were quicker than us and sharper than us all over the field for most of the game, and knew how to stop us and frustrate us. Proper did us over, with help from a sympathetic ref.

Was a very P*tter-esque performance, lots of cute passing breaking down 20 yards out and NOBODY f***ing SHOOTING.
I didn't think they were sharper particularly. I felt we dominated mostly. Completely agree about the shooting though. Deary me. Some of those breaks that result in them trying to play 12 one-twos in the D make you want to pull your teeth out. Ironically that last 10 is when we could have done with throwing an Enciso on to have a few pot shots.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
L

Mitoma was in the side :shrug:
What I meant was crediting one player for 10 goals in three games seems a bit much - hes absolutely brilliant and would've made a difference today, but we'd not been doing badly on the scoring front pre Mitoma starting this season overall: 5 v Leicester, 3 at Anfield, for example.

Unless I'm mistaken, he's not actually started a game against one of the teams who've played like villa yet this season, though. Could be the difference... we'll see

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Stockley park officials today we're Steven Wonder, Tarquin Magoo, and the 3rd official was Raymond Charles.

If you have one job working one day a week it's not a bad idea to actually know what the f*** the rules are,a possible point taken away by sheer ineptitude of the highest calibre.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove

I agree with this assessment of the game. They looked up for it we didn't. All 3 goals were defender errors and we reverted to passing it around from wing to wing with no quality crosses and absolutely no shots attempted. Poor show (especially VAR)

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Might be my memory failing, but I don't recall Potter getting a yellow card during his tenure with us... Would be interested to know exactly what RDZ said to the ref that resulted in the card. Nice to see his passion yet again.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
What I meant was crediting one player for 10 goals in three games seems a bit much - hes absolutely brilliant and would've made a difference today, but we'd not been doing badly on the scoring front pre Mitoma starting this season overall: 5 v Leicester, 3 at Anfield, for example.

Unless I'm mistaken, he's not actually started a game against one of the teams who've played like villa yet this season, though. Could be the difference... we'll see
He’s the one player who gets you on your feet and makes things happen, March can slog on for 90 minutes like today and nothing happens he ran in a straight line into Digne like four times

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Just got back

This type of game was always going to be the true test of where we are, sadly work to do still.

Billy G should have come on for Lallana I thought and would have made a difference in the middle

We had that worrying familiar look about us in the last 20 where we had run out of ideas around their box

Ref - absolute dog shit of a performance, wouldn’t have minded as much if he’d been consistent.

VAR - penalty for me Clive, the moment March touches the ball, it’s his, so he was fouled.

Villa - frustrating to watch but they did a number on us.

Think Ferguson should have been brought on, Undav and Welbeck were not offering anything meaningful

Annoying really as taken the edge of for the next 4 weeks

Annoyed!

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I think the fans who spent money and time travelling to the Amex today deserve

1. A big vote of thanks for at least being there to support the lads

2. A ton of commiserations that you were given such a shit show of an excuse for a PL level game of football for your efforts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports